XBOX Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps2 online play sucks, nothing better than playing against people using dial up + the service for online play sucks you get no support. Yes, there is a cost with xbox live but it's certainly worth it, when trying to find a game xbox live finds the best possible game and connection depending your location and you internet connection you are using. Also xbox live does not support dial up. Ghost Recon Island thunder is another great game for xbox live you should consider getting. anyways

Ah sounds interesting. I just got Mech Assault 2 Lone Wolf. I cant wait to see how it is online.

Here is the info for Xbox live and PS2 online.

First off if you dont have a ps2 or the person you are talking to does not have a ps2 that whole you need to buy an adapter thing dont work anymore cause its buil in to the PS2 now, thats right, ps2 is free online out of the box.

Now lets move on to games, Xbox live and PS2 both offer a huge amount of game for online use, The before hand big up for PS2 was the exclusive EA content for PS2 online (not how NFS:U 1 is only online on ps2 and comp) But that is now over. Both games offer a failry good experince here is the pros and cons of both:

PS2:
Pros: Many Many more people play PS2 online, only about 1 million are on xbox (still enough) but many more on PS2.

It is free right out of the box and requires no sign up.

Their seems to be a bigger library on online games.

Cons:
No security features, nothing is ran by Sony leaving hackers out to do their best (no glitchers HACKERS).

Voice conversation is not always free talk leaving you to hold a button to talk most of the time.

You can run dial-up or Cable on the ps2 (and even trick Broadband only games in to thinking you are broad band) leaving for a way more laggy experince.

Do to the quality of servers the experince overall tends to be more of and add on feature. Most games dont seem to be designed for online and its not at top notch with the ps2 and it is evident, it seem more like sony online beta test than a Sont live.

HDD has been scrapped and no more Downloabable content.

Xbox:
More quality AAA titles for xbox live.

Xbox live has great security features, glitches can be seen but rarely hacking, and also the xbox hard drive gives you downloadable content such as patches, maps, weapon ect.

Microsoft provides pressure. Xbox is designed to be an online machine, microsoft pressures greatly for developers to utilize the xbox live feature's providing a much greater online community. Their is usually very little lag (and if their is its usually on the game problem i.e coding problems, bad scripting)

Xbox offers great ranking system that allows you in most game to track your matches on the net giving an almost play by play feel and if your good enough some times some internet "fame".

Xbox live is rich with features, with full clan support you can have up to 100 people in a clan and message them all at once (by voice) providing info on clan matches ect. Great freinds list that tells you what game the person is playing and can connect right away with them. Also free talk voice support and In game Dolby Digital 5.1 adds to the experince.

Cons:

Do to credit card requirement you may not find more than 15-30 servers on older games such as RTCW.

Broadband only, restircts those you have a dial up modem no access what so ever to xbox live.

All in all thats the dead awful truth, i own all 3 consoles and am not taking sides here. I play my ps2 alot but when it comes to online i go for xbox all the way. PS2 is a great console housing games like killzone and metal gear solid 3 but xbox takes the lead on live with titles like halo 2, unreal championship 2, doom 3 and mech assualt 2. Ps2 looked like it was testing the market this round with online so we should all do what ever we want for the next year-year and a half and then fasten our seatbelts for next gen cause online play will be out shooting at full force and neither company is gonna let the other get the upper hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom