Xbox and Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSteve

Solid State Member
ok i have my xbox running hdmi to my 32 sharp aquos.
my pc is also connected to the tv threw dvi
i just got 5.1 logitech s51 surround sound
how can i get my xbox sound to come out the speakers?

whether its done that way or not im just wondering if it is even possible

ok i figured it out. and it is possible because my tv has the option to run output for sound. running a red and white sound cable from my tv to the sound system. which is tight

There is a cable that came with the xbox. I do not recall what else is on it but there is an optical outlet on it. Plug that into your xbox and the optical line into it....then of course to your speaker system.

This is what I did with my surround sound system

i have no idea what optical outlet you speak of theres only 5 ports on my xbox
3 usbs, network, powersupply, hdmi, and video

There is a outlet right above the hdmi outlet. If you look at the cord that came with the xbox it will have analog audio jacks (red and white) and a optical as well. Plug that in and then use optical.

Do you know what I am talking about now? I have an elite so I do not know if this is an extra cable or not with an elite...

No the standard AV cable that came with the 360 did have an optical out, but I think the op is using HDMI which would keep him from using the optical.

I'm using HDMI as well but my optical works. Just depends on what source you have on. I turn my tv volume all the way down and my receiver is where my optical goes to.

well it doesnt matter now cause like i said i got the tv output sound to run to the surround system

The HDMI plug blocks the analog A/V cable from being plugged in as well, thus eliminating the optical jack. Either:

A) switch from HDMI to component video and use the optical out on the A/V cable (and component [R/G/B] video rather than HDMI)

B) use the standard (non-Dolby-Digital-or-surround) analog output on your TV and keep the 360 hooked up to the TV with HDMI

or

C) buy the HDMI kit that has a slimline audio cable with optical that fits in the video slot even while there is an HDMI cord plugged into the HDMI port. (see here: Xbox 360 HDMI Cable click down on the drop down box to see the cable I'm referring to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom