Xbox- Can "YOU" Fix It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackattack64

Solid State Member
I HAD an xbox and i changed some internal files, and put the program EVOX on it, Now, The sad thing is, i CANT Start my xbox! it says i need technical Support or something like that like after 5 seconds that i turn it on, CAN ANYONE HELP!!??

I Changed Files in the C: I think it was, but see i got a Backup of the whole harddrive, but i would change it back BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TOO!! Can you Still Help? .... I Was putting a Evox Program On it, And Xbox Media Center, And it didnt work out

You will need to make an evox boot disk with the .xbe file named whatever your modchip's bios autoboots (evoxdash.xbe, default.xbe etc. etc.) Then you also need to have the config file set to give your xbox a static IP address. Once that is done, make the 2 files into an Xiso using a program like craxtion. Take that XISO and burn it as a an ISO with nero. You MUST burn to a CD-rw or a dvd-r/rw. There are 3 drives makes that are used in xboxes. Thompson, which reads next to nothing
Philips, which will read cdrws well enough for you to do this
and samsung which reads a CDrws, dvd+r dvd rw and if you get REALLLYY lucky like me it will also read CDR

Once done with that put the disk in and reset the xbox. It should load evox off of the CD. With the dash up you can ftp into your xbox and put the files back that you screwed with.

the ftp address goes in this format
ftp://xbox:xbox@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
the Xs are the ip address that you set in the evox config file.
Good luck.

Ok, in the fist place, i had to make an Evox Boot Disk, But see i had my xbox modded a diferent way, a way where everytime i put in a audio cd and try to copy it to the harddrive it modds it then for me to play backed up game.. ect.. and now as soon as i turn on the xbox (maby half min later) i get a screen that says,

Your Xbox Recuirs Service Please call xbox customer Support,

In 6 different launages, and it wont load up any Cds What so ever

excepialy burnt disc, becuase i have to modd it first... So i think im screwed unless i can find a way to get back into the harddrive to change the files back!

Mr. X-Box Fixer

I play @ a store called Undergrounds games in Montana

UnderGround Games

Give him a call @ (406) 541-9269

So far I've seen him fix like 20 xboxes but that only what I've seen while playing there

If he asks but he probably won't tell him stotan told you about him

I Probally will call but i need to find out when they are open, Im in canada and my mom would kill me if i killed the phone bill.. heehe thanks tho i'll try to get ahold of him, but if you could, could u tell him to call me? Just PM me for my number, Thanks again

well the store is open:

Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday: 11AM to 11PM
Wednesday: 11AM to 11PM
Thursdays: 11AM to 11PM
Fridays: 10AM to 12pm
Saturday: 10am to 12pm
Sunday: 10AM to 11PM

..EDIT: MOUNTAIN TIME so if it's 1pm in seattle it's 2pm in Montana

Hey I talk to him about your post he looked at what you wrote. His first recation is that yo Screw your self and microsoft locks out the system if any major changes are made to it so you are going to need a new mobo and hd becuase there locked out... But don't take that as he's words That is what I think I remember from yesterday...

P.s. I'll see if he's willing to call you but probably not...He'll want you to send him the Xbox most likely to repair it if he can fix it

Ok Man Thanks, ... I have Someone around here and they said that theres a battery on the motherboard and if you unsauder that with the hard drive it it, it should reset all the files on the xbox back to defaults, Can you talk to the guy about that and see if its true cause i dont wanna pay 30 $ for nuthin. Thanks Again

He says he can't call you but i can keep asking him question if you have any... I 'll ask himm about that and see hope it worked out if you did it before I could reply

zackattack64 said:
Ok Man Thanks, ... I have Someone around here and they said that theres a battery on the motherboard and if you unsauder that with the hard drive it it, it should reset all the files on the xbox back to defaults, Can you talk to the guy about that and see if its true cause i dont wanna pay 30 $ for nuthin. Thanks Again

Now I dont know EVERYTHING about xbox innerds but I know quite a bit and I think I can confidently tell you that this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom