The Xbox 360 Now Has USB Memory Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Xbox 360 Now Has USB Memory Support

As promised, Xbox 360 consoles now have USB memory support. The next time you fire up your console you'll be asked to update.

The most recent update to Xbox LIVE® enables support for USB flash drives to expand the memory of your Xbox 360 console. Now you can experience all that Xbox LIVE has to offer, from HD movies to downloadable game content. Take your game saves, Xbox LIVE gamer profiles, or Arcade game downloads with you.

Already installed the update and set up my 1GB for this ;)

This helps a lot because whenever I have a free period at school we go to my friend's house who lives right next door, and play CoD or stuff. Now I can take all my saves, characters, weapons etc. without shelling out £30 for a crappy 512MB card :D

Kind of a waste of money. If you have a flash\thumb just format it to fat32 and it works fine.

Whats a waste of money? The free update? And no, a fat32 USB before the update didnt let you save games, just useful for playing movies and songs off of.

so basically you can just use a USB drive to save everything instead of buying a HDD?

EDIT: meh...32gb flash drive is about the cost of a HDD anyway that has double the space so why bother with this unless you have a spare laying around or you just want to use like a 4gb to save games and take to a friend's house or something

Whats a waste of money? The free update? And no, a fat32 USB before the update didnt let you save games, just useful for playing movies and songs off of.

Save games?? If you find value in that then I can see where your coming from. But I store 1-3 games on my 360 HD and nothing more.
How many games do you save on your console? I only save what I'm playing.

Save games?? If you find value in that then I can see where your coming from. But I store 1-3 games on my 360 HD and nothing more.
How many games do you save on your console? I only save what I'm playing.

Not installing the games to harddrive, SAVING them, which before was impossible on a standard USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom