Xbox 360 to monitor via HMDI cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brando497

Beta member
Hi this is my first post on these forums! The problem i'm having is I just bought a new monitor, and I have my xbnox 360 hooked up via hmdi. The video looks great but I can't get the audio to work and I was hoping someone could help me resolve this problem.

SPECS:
Monitor; Gateway® FHD2401 Gateway Official Site: Displays - FHD2401 Product Details
And an xbox 360 elite w/hdmi port.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, brando!!!

Did the monitor come with speakers to hook up with? If not, then I think you'd need the VGA HD AV cable instead.

No the monitor has an optional speaker bar but that still runs through the computer. Would using VGA cables make sound come through? Thanks for replying. :)

b1gapl means one of these:

41960ZX0EAL.jpg

No the monitor has an optional speaker bar but that still runs through the computer. Would using VGA cables make sound come through? Thanks for replying. :)

As you can see what Trotter posted up, yes sound would come through. Though you can't use the HDMI anymore, but the VGA HD AV cable is just as good in my opinion.

So if you get that, the white and red connectors that you see in the pic, will connect together via a RCA to 3.5mm audio adapter (which is included). And that would connect to line-in of speakers you must have.

Wow that solves my problem, sucks I have to go buy more cables but oh well. Thanks for the quick help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom