xbox 360 live and... PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
Many many MANY rumors.. several "confirmed" posts...

All state that xbox 360 live will be allowing PC to connect and play versus there gaming buddies... (just a pipedream at the moment no real documents)
something about March 2008 being the date that will change it all...

First all does anyone know about this?

They also include things like Messanger and Video chat to be released for xbox 360- which are fine and dandy. (since messanger is a Microsoft thing no worries there)

This is where my concern comes in- and my suggestion.
If PC can get into live games... won't they have major advantages? not so much just advantages but won't it be VERY easy to send malacious files or virus's to live users and completely screw up there console? This just seems poorly planned....

Some people are concerned that the high dpi mouse and keyboard will allow "unequaled" sensitivity in game, giving them the upper hand- however I don't agree, those dedicated console players have adjusted there controls to there liking- just like we mess with our mice- and they are fully in control of there players.

Suggestion: instead of incorperating PC into play.. why not make a controller that links a Keyboard (or just the most common keys used by gamers in the same pattern) and Mouse into it, from which the game controls sensitivity like a normal controller- allowing those of us that aren't console controller friendly to play vs our console buddies? not only that but messaging and video would be much more fathomable and easier to use with keyboard and mouse rather then Joysticks and D pads... don't you agree?

I hope they take my suggestion for the "Key/mouse" controller and link it all up and combine... but if they just allow PC on.. I fear for 360's life.

By the way all this could be Microsoft/Xbox responce to the fact that while unconfirmed, the Playstation 3 will be using an Xfire based way to keep in touch like Xbox live has a buddy system- there's was to catch up to Xbox live's nearly 4 year lead in the online group based activity- while Sony is pretty much just getting there feet wet- so the xbox live/pc thing would be in retaliation to that- so they stay ahead 1 full step.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom