XBOX 360 having trouble reading game discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
I've used a lens cleaner kit, I've taken the thing apart and cleaned the lens myself with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol but still no dice. Does the disc drive itself need to be replaced?

It seems to only have the problem with games. It'll read DVD movies just fine.

It sucks because I've only got a couple games for it but I play them all the time and most of the time is spent ejecting the tray and closing the tray until the disc is able to be read.

And yes the discs are fine, no dirt or scratches. If anything my DVD's are in worse shape than my game discs.

sounds like a manufacture defect or something.try carryin it back where u bought it and see if they could help.

When it doesn't read the disc does it just list the option to "open tray" or does it say it can't read the disc? I've had trouble with 2 xboxes (plural?) Only showing "open tray" with games in the drive. The easiest fix was opening up the xbox and cleaning the drive with air, this worked as a quick fix but still would give me problems every now and then. I ended up buying a new xbox during a holiday sale rather than replace the drive, so I can't say for sure if it was just the drive going bad or not. Two of my buddies just had the same problem and cleaning the drive only worked for one xbox. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom