Xbox 360 to go Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.13 cents per day to play on the most stable network for any console and not to mention the best ui out there for mp gaming. Better then any PC setup or ps3 ui for mp!
While that is true, it is also that some people dont have the $50 to fork up right after buying a $300 system, and possibly more. HDMI cables, games, controllers, WiFi adapter and so on. After all is said and done you could spend at least $600 or more. To add another $50 to be able to game online right away is something that most people dont expect up front.
I don't game every single day though. I would rather buy another video game every year then pay $50. Keep paying $50 a year and you could buy your xbox 360 over again. No thanks.
I am the same way. I gamed for a month straight and havent fired up my box in a week. But at the same time, spending $50 a year it would take you 4 years to buy a new XBOX for that. You spend as much if not more than that to surf the internet. So really what is the difference?

I amy not like the fact that you must have the Gold for somethings but i wont say that it isnt worth it. The thing that gets me is to really do everything you need to spend another $30-$40 to get M$ points to "buy" some of the content. $50 for Gold another $40 for points that does add up. That is where it gets to be too much.

The fact that it has been said M$ will raise the price to over $100 a year for XBL is ridiculous. I already think the current annual fee is to much.

Yes, it is a bit better than the PSN. But no way is £40 better, but i have no choice in the matter if i want to play online with friends.

And this whole Blu Ray drive thing, well i don't think they are heading in the correct direction with it. At first they are saying they want to expand into the casual market, and then they go and announce a blu ray drive addon which only the really tech savvy people will want, and the chances are those people already have blu ray drives. I just don't think it will sell well, yes it is a nice addition to have on the PS3 and i do use it. But if the PS3 didn't come with one, i wouldn't go out and buy a blu-ray drive for it.

well some people pay the price of xbl's yearly cost a month for internet and they don't complain :\ so i don't think an extra $5 a month or whatever is all that bad

but back on topic : the drive seems good to a point..as long as it's not overpriced like all the other accessories

I don't game every single day though. I would rather buy another video game every year then pay $50. Keep paying $50 a year and you could buy your xbox 360 over again. No thanks.

A 12 month card costs $40, not $50. That's $3.33 a month and if that's too much to pay you probably shouldn't be playing video games at all.

eh if you're gonna use that mentality then don't buy soda or coffee, just drink water because you don't NEED the extras and you could buy more stuff if you didn't spend it :p

I don't buy soda or coffee :D but in this case, I honestly don't NEED to spend extra money to pay to play the video game online every month, that I payed for already.

I am the same way. I gamed for a month straight and havent fired up my box in a week. But at the same time, spending $50 a year it would take you 4 years to buy a new XBOX for that. You spend as much if not more than that to surf the internet. So really what is the difference?

I just don't game often enough on my PS3 (or if I had one, XBOX 360) to pay... call me cheap:tongue: I definitely don't spend that much for internet either. Plus, while paying to use the internet every month, you can get so much for free if you choose to.

A 12 month card costs $40, not $50. That's $3.33 a month and if that's too much to pay you probably shouldn't be playing video games at all.

I'm sorry, I must have stumbled upon the wrong page here and got the wrong information Xbox.com | Xbox LIVE 101 - Memberships where it says "A Gold membership costs $49.99 for one year!"

Seriously dude, why would you tell someone they shouldn't be gaming? Maybe if I bought the XBOX 360 and then refused to pay to play it online then I could see your statement making sense, but that's not the case here, so your statement stays at retarded. I play my fair share of games and buy my fair share. I also live somewhere where brand new games for any consol cost more than $80 + 5% sales tax. And yes, in Panama the currency is the USD. I usually wait until someone sells the game second hand locally for the price of what it costs brand new back in the states. I pay plenty already for gaming, why would I shell out more to play them every month? No thanks.

I guess I am just not a hardcore enough gamer to justify the extra spending.

well some people pay the price of xbl's yearly cost a month for internet and they don't complain :\ so i don't think an extra $5 a month or whatever is all that bad

but back on topic : the drive seems good to a point..as long as it's not overpriced like all the other accessories
Yes but some of those people are not paying at all. They have mommy and daddy pay. Some of us have more things to pay for other than this and find it a bit difficult to fork over another $50 right now when i have been using a XBL Silver account for many years with no issues. So why should i have to upgrade just to be able to send a message to friends? Yes you heard right. If you have a Silver Account you can not ever send a friend a message.

I am not complaining, as i got it and i game with it, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have a fat bank roll and are struggling to get by as it is. Let alone pay for this as well. Heck i wouldnt have a XBOX if is wasnt for the stroke of luck i had.

If it can be decent priced, i would look into it. Gives me a reason NOT to get a PS3.

A 12 month card costs $49.99 here. That is $50 not $40.

12 Month Gold

$49.99

Right from the XBOX website. While i agree that isnt too much a month there is a BIG difference between buying games to play and buying a subscription to play online. I can afford games, electricity and internet just fine. But why should i stack up more money just to be able top play co-op when it isnt advertised that i needed a GOLD ACCOUNT to do so. It is just said that i can play with friends online. No where have i ever seen even fine print that says Gold Account required.

Saying someone shouldnt be playing at all cause they dont think they should have to spend another $50 to game with friends is not appropriate. Not everyone has a massive influx of $$ with the economy the way it is. Which is why people are drawn to the PS3 and its FREE online content. Again it may AVERAGE out to $4.17 a month but it is still $50 UP FRONT. Not like you can have them bill you the $4.17 a month. You MUST PAY the $50 up front.

There is a BIG difference in that. If i only had to pay $4.17 a month, it would be no big deal. But to pay $50 right now is. I have BDAy's, XMas and much more to spend $50 on than a Gold Subscription.

For me I don't think I would play video games very much at all if it wasn't for MP. There isn't many games out there I would buy for just single player. These days MP is where it's at for me.

Mak, xmas is coming up! You should ask for a Gold membership and give it a go for a year.

Saying someone shouldnt be playing at all cause they dont think they should have to spend another $50 to game with friends is not appropriate. Not everyone has a massive influx of $$ with the economy the way it is. Which is why people are drawn to the PS3 and its FREE online content. Again it may AVERAGE out to $4.17 a month but it is still $50 UP FRONT. Not like you can have them bill you the $4.17 a month. You MUST PAY the $50 up front.

There is a BIG difference in that. If i only had to pay $4.17 a month, it would be no big deal. But to pay $50 right now is. I have BDAy's, XMas and much more to spend $50 on than a Gold Subscription.

QFT. No fatty bank roll here, no parents paying for my hobbies. I can think of a hundred other necessities to put that $50 towards before online gaming. If it was billed to me for $4.17 a month then that's not a problem, but like Mak said, it's $50 up front.

You can pay monthly. Check your options when you sign up. However the monthly fee is a little more then what the yearly one time fee equates to. Second, you can get one month for free as well. If you don't like it then you just don't pay for the next month and it cancels out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom