Xbox 360 games and theme problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt101905

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. Is it a problem that I'm starting a new thread each time I have a question? I hope not. Anyways so I got a problem that kinda makes me mad. Everything was good and fine until I got a new 120GB HDD this christmas. Well I did the transfer from my old 20GB HDD and I thought everything was ok. Well turns out that the whole games I have downloaded (Portal and GTA:San Andres) plus my Korn theme can only be played/viewed when I'm connected to xbox live. I used to be able to play/view those things offline until I transfered all my stuff to the new HDD. Is there any way I can fix this...it sucks when I go over to a friends house who doesn't have access to the internet and I can't play those games or view my theme. Does this happen to everybody? Thanks!

--Matt

It isn't really that big of a problem, but trying to make all your problems known in one post helps a bit more as we can just go down the list and so on.

And there is no way to "fix" this as that is what happens when you do a transfer between drives, yes it sucks, yes everyone that has done the transfer gets caught by this little tid bit.

Try redownloading them. Delete them from your hard drive and then go on Live and find the games/themes. Click it like you would to buy it, but instead of buying it it will say "Download Again" (you only have to buy it once). Then you should be able to download it. That may or may not fix the problem, I got a whole new console and just re-downloaded all my stuff, that worked fine for me.

Never thought about that, only thing I could see that would limit this somewhat, but won't matter in the long run, is there is any saved game data for single player and campaigns he would still need to be on XBL. Or he could just start over again. :p

I will try downloading everything again. One problem is that I can't find my Korn theme on xbox live. I just tried coping my Korn and GTA theme to my friends memory unit and then him trying to apply the themes to his 360 but it won't work. Microsoft really makes me mad...haha

--Matt

I will try downloading everything again. One problem is that I can't find my Korn theme on xbox live. I just tried coping my Korn and GTA theme to my friends memory unit and then him trying to apply the themes to his 360 but it won't work. Microsoft really makes me mad...haha

--Matt

The content is linked to your console and your LIVE account. You can't just take your hard drive over to your friend's house, or a memory unit, because his Xbox is not registered with your content, and THAT is why you have to be logged on LIVE to use the stuff.

You can't copy stuff from one 360 to a different one because of DRM. Otherwise, one person could buy the stuff then pass it around to all his friends for free, which would not be good.

You have a Download History somewhere in your options, try that.

It is tied to either your CONSOLE, your Xbox Live ACCOUNT, or both, it isn't tied to the drive/MU that it is stored on. If you get a new console, Microsoft has a license transfer utility that you can use to enable your console-specific content on your new console. Most stuff is account specific though, you can use it on any console as long as you're logged in on the profile that bought it. I have 2 360's (old broken one and new awesome one) and after transferring license, I can still play the Halo 3 maps I bought on my old console but only if my profile is logged in. Same with the Rock Band songs (even though they were a free download) and some Guitar Hero songs I bought.

How do you do that Microsoft license transfer utility. I bought GH songs a long time ago and the only way I can play them is if I'm hooked on xbox live.

--Matt

Go to their web site (xbox.com) and it is under the Support section. It is only for console-to-console transfer though, as it shows all the consoles that you purchased stuff on and allows you to transfer stuff to your new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom