Xbox 360 footage capturing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camel Carcass

Beta member
Hello, My name is Jeremy.
Apologies for this being my first (and probably only) thread / post on these forums, but I think I need some help.
I want to capture decent HD 1080p footage from my xbox 360 to my laptop.
I am currently connecting my xbox 360 to my HDTV via component cable, in 1080p 60Hz.
My laptop is connected to the same HDTV via HDMI cable.
However, these are obviously connected to different sources on the TV, and are therefore different channels.
My laptop is a windows vista, but I can also use my brother's windows 7 laptop. (Which I suspect is more likely to work, mine is slow as ****.)

I was wondering is there any software I can download to the laptop to download this footage, or do I need to buy a capture card or camera of sorts, or different leads or whatever, and how would I set this up?

Thankyou very much.

At the very least you would need a capture card connected to your Xbox 360 and laptop.

Good ones capable of 1080p capture may be pretty expensive.

I'd buy a capture card, but I'm not sure which one to get.
What one is most advisable that captures in 1080p and keeps reasonable quality, without being more than, let's say, $180 or £120?

Thanks.

Games don't play in 1080p. They're just upscaled to it. Save money and go for a capture card cable of just 720p if there is a big price difference. I've never looked into them, so I wouldn't know.

HD PVR Product overview -- $200

You hook your 360 up to it using the component cables, then use the pass through feature on that and plug into your TV. When you want to record you just hook the PVR up to your computer via a USB cable and use the recording software for your PC or Mac and record video in up to 1080i (720p would be better for fast moving picture) and record.

What I like about this is the pass through feature because when you're using the software on your PC the video is delayed by about 2 seconds. With the pass through feature you don't have to go through the hassle of getting a video splitter and all kinds of other stuff.

Games don't play in 1080p. They're just upscaled to it. Save money and go for a capture card cable of just 720p if there is a big price difference. I've never looked into them, so I wouldn't know.

Possibly half true.

PS3 developers support 1080p from software level. However on a Xbox360 it's up to them if they want to provide it in 1080p or have it upscaled.

Which I would think by now almost any developer making 1080p games on the xbox will produce true 1080p games.

Here is a few methods: http://hubpages.com/hub/Guides-to-Recording-Xbox-360-Gameplay-to-Desktop-or-Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom