Xbox 360 E74 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a way to reformat it somehow or turn it into a computer I can stream videos to?

It's experiencing a hardware error... you would have to take the Xbox components out, and replace them with actual computer parte. The only thing tha twould be left over from the Xbox would be the shell.

So, there isn't anything that I can do with the components of the Xbox? Its just weird that it can't be used for something, but if thats the case I'll just sell it to someone cheap on Craigslist, who wants to fix it.

Well think of it this way. When your SNES dies can you do anything with it? Not really. The 360 is still a console and in that fact is dead when it's dead.

Unlike my Xbox my SNES never died, still works perfect today.

Anyways, I just wasn't sure since it has computer components in it if there way anyway to use those for anything, rather than just selling it to someone for $30.

The components aren't computer components; they're proprietary parts made for the 360. Everything is connected by either ribbon cables or plugs.

+1 for Sony building the PS3 right so they don't all die! My friends all have one or more dead boxes laying around but me and my friends with PS3's are still usin the same ones we got years ago.

+1 for Sony building the PS3 right so they don't all die! My friends all have one or more dead boxes laying around but me and my friends with PS3's are still usin the same ones we got years ago.

PS3's break quite often as well, especially the blu-ray drives in the older models. And when they break all you get is a yellow light that tells you that something somewhere inside the PS3 is faulty.

+1 for Microsoft building XBL right so it doesn't go down for months at a time and people don't get their credit card information stolen ;)

But anyways DO NOT use the towel trick, the towel trick causes A LOT more harm then good. The best thing to do is got to Xbox-experts.com - News and use their xbox repair guide on the right side of the page.

Then I would try the hybrid x-clamp fix (usually lasts for quite a long time), and if that doesn't work I'd go about reflowing the GPU and the HANA chip.

Unlike my Xbox my SNES never died, still works perfect today.

Anyways, I just wasn't sure since it has computer components in it if there way anyway to use those for anything, rather than just selling it to someone for $30.
Both of my SNES still work too, I was only speaking hypothetically. Point is, even though the 360 is like a computer it is still very much a console.

The components aren't computer components; they're proprietary parts made for the 360. Everything is connected by either ribbon cables or plugs.
The HDD and DVD drive both are SATA components.

PS3's break quite often as well, especially the blu-ray drives in the older models. And when they break all you get is a yellow light that tells you that something somewhere inside the PS3 is faulty.

+1 for Microsoft building XBL right so it doesn't go down for months at a time and people don't get their credit card information stolen ;)

But anyways DO NOT use the towel trick, the towel trick causes A LOT more harm then good. The best thing to do is got to Xbox-experts.com - News and use their xbox repair guide on the right side of the page.

Then I would try the hybrid x-clamp fix (usually lasts for quite a long time), and if that doesn't work I'd go about reflowing the GPU and the HANA chip.
Already said all that before. I think he was looking for an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom