Xbox 360 Basic Cooling Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksideShuffle

Solid State Member
Just a little cooling mod I did with my Xbox Pro (2006 model) after i replaced the X Clamps. this is more for cooling rather then looks. :tongue:

37418_1439421179168_1042189841_1311909_4764274_n.jpg

37418_1439421139167_1042189841_1311908_1031229_n.jpg

again, its very basic. the molex connector kinda sticks out of the case because i was to lazy to cut a hole through the metal. also it was painted black... hope you guys like it!

The fan above the CD drive seems a bit pointless....

But interesting, though, the way my heatsink is designed, that mod would have been useless as the top of the heatsink is sealed flat, and it wouldn't properly dissipate heat.

Sounds and looks cool :) What are the temperature differences, if that's at all practical to measure with a 360?

But interesting, though, the way my heatsink is designed, that mod would have been useless as the top of the heatsink is sealed flat, and it wouldn't properly dissipate heat.

I imagine the OP would've removed or opened the air duct. But would be funny if he hasn't :p

The fan above the CD drive seems a bit pointless....

that one had the negative and positive wires switched around, it actchually pulls out the hotter air. between the two there is a small barrier to make sure that it brings cooler air to the gpu hearsink, which is under the optical drive. originally i was going to take the optical drive out and have them both bring cool air in, and possibly replace the gpu heatsink with something a bit more... beefy.. but i got lazy ahaha

A 'little' cooling mod? :)

Does the job i take it?

I think i may be upgrading to the newer model soon...

yep gets the job done very well, although I cut some corners, still works perfectly fine. imo the new model is horrible because its really noisy.

Sounds and looks cool :) What are the temperature differences, if that's at all practical to measure with a 360?

I imagine the OP would've removed or opened the air duct. But would be funny if he hasn't :p

I have no clue how well it has impacted in detail. but it has not overheated or gotten the RROD since the mod. so I think its a job well done ahaha.

yes i did remove the air duct. i also removed the stock fans because they were noisy and unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom