Xbox 360 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidburn66

Solid State Member
Hello, I am woundering if I can use my 5.1 surround sound computer speakers for my xbox 360. I have my Xbox 360 outputting to my TV Via HDMI. My surround sound does support RCA imput (the red & white). But it also supports Optical Audio imput.

1a7a0bf3_XBox20RCA20Adapter.jpg

This is a cable that I would have to get because my HDMI is blocking access to the main connector for the standard Audio and Video. Now I have noticed on the back of my TV that there is an Audio output (RCA left, right and optical). If I use the Optical output on the tv, would I still get 5.1 surround sound with the xbox 360? If so, would I lose any sound quality? or would I have to buy that cable?

Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread!!!

I use HDMI to my tv, then optical out to my 5.1 system, as long as the system is setup properly, you will get the true 5.1, but your TV must also support 5.1 from hdmi to optical out.

Its both quite possible, and likely, you will loose audio quality. But it's probably not to bad.

okay thanks guys!
And c0rr0sive, How about do I check to see if my TV supports 5.1 surround sound? I thought that optical out usualy means that it supports surround sound?

It should pass it, but some tv sets, convert the audio to sterio before passing it to optical out. Google your model number for the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom