xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahmen i think it is more conparable though it has 10megs on the gpu die its running at the same speed as the gpu

Well, the 360 GPU is not really comparable to ANYTHING on the market as the architecture is utterly alien to standard vid cards. Not only is the triple cores not being anywhere close to being fully utilized but neither is the GPU, yet. I think the first game that will utilize the GPU special features is Oblivion with its use of the GPU's procedural synthesis.

well friend congrats.but i feel that specification wise playstation 3 is more powerful although it will arrive after 5-6 months.but still i would prefer waiting and buying the best console available.besides i like its looks also more than xbox 360.bye

6800GS? I would hardly say so, 48 pipelines( I am aware they are less powerful pipelines), unified shader, and I believe it runs at higher clocks too. Its comparing apples to oranges, although I think the 360 gpu is more powerful than the 6800gs. Can some1 mod their 360 to run 3dmark? Now that I think about it, I should mod my old xbox, put linux on it, and see if I can get 3dmark to run on it just so I can see what it scores.....Or has some1 already done that? I am uneasy about the processer that drives the 360.....3 powerpc cores right? Intel and AMD can only fit in two, and looking at the 3.2ghz clocks it looks like it isn't using 9os like AMD. Now each core has what looks like an unecessary 2 threads per core. I don't really like the specs of the 360, which doesn't say much for the ps3 which people debate on which has more power. PS3 made high promised and had shown awsome videos but no gameplay and people are going nuts over it. PS3 has one general purpose core and 7 SPEs which some people say is inferior to the 3 general purpose cores and others think its the other way around. Apples to oranges. Some think the PS3 GPU is better, some think the 360 gpu is better. Again apples to oranges. Most agree though that no matter what is better, it won't be significantly better. I how microsoft had shown actual gameplay in their demos using dev kits compared to movies and promises by Sony.

Computers will look better unless you have a nice hdtv for your 360, then the 360 will be better for a little. Just a little, hell about the same as a high end pc. Soon PCs will get ahead, and then eventually leave it in the dust. But then again a good PC is 1500-2000 bucks compared to 400. I thought about getting a 360 because its less than a top video card, but I don't have an HDTV to take advantage of it, nor do I know of any way to plug it into my monitor. PCs will always be better, for a cost though.

Vampire_Slayer said:
6800GS? I would hardly say so, 48 pipelines( I am aware they are less powerful pipelines), unified shader, and I believe it runs at higher clocks too. Its comparing apples to oranges, although I think the 360 gpu is more powerful than the 6800gs. Can some1 mod their 360 to run 3dmark? Now that I think about it, I should mod my old xbox, put linux on it, and see if I can get 3dmark to run on it just so I can see what it scores.....Or has some1 already done that? I am uneasy about the processer that drives the 360.....3 powerpc cores right? Intel and AMD can only fit in two, and looking at the 3.2ghz clocks it looks like it isn't using 9os like AMD. Now each core has what looks like an unecessary 2 threads per core. I don't really like the specs of the 360, which doesn't say much for the ps3 which people debate on which has more power. PS3 made high promised and had shown awsome videos but no gameplay and people are going nuts over it. PS3 has one general purpose core and 7 SPEs which some people say is inferior to the 3 general purpose cores and others think its the other way around. Apples to oranges. Some think the PS3 GPU is better, some think the 360 gpu is better. Again apples to oranges. Most agree though that no matter what is better, it won't be significantly better. I how microsoft had shown actual gameplay in their demos using dev kits compared to movies and promises by Sony.

Computers will look better unless you have a nice hdtv for your 360, then the 360 will be better for a little. Just a little, hell about the same as a high end pc. Soon PCs will get ahead, and then eventually leave it in the dust. But then again a good PC is 1500-2000 bucks compared to 400. I thought about getting a 360 because its less than a top video card, but I don't have an HDTV to take advantage of it, nor do I know of any way to plug it into my monitor. PCs will always be better, for a cost though.

Can anyone say... no life? :rolleyes:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Impresive!

Sure, a PC can match the 360's graphics right now, but how much do Dual 7800GTX-512MBs cost? ;)

Not to mention that as newer games come out, the 360 will continue to play them at max. How much MORE will you have to spend on a PC to keep it running games at max graphics? Hundreds? Thousands? Keep that up for a minimum of 2 years and you get an idea.

:)

You don't need a $3000 PC to do Web browsing, Internet (which is practically the same, except for downloading and stuff), and IMing. You can do that on a $300 Dell.

But when you come to gaming, consoles will rape PCs.

for an x number of years... Not to mention Warez, mIRC, no cd cracks, mmorpgs... The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

Now stop your babble... it hurts the childrens ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom