Xb\/\/@k$360 elite sucks! Read On

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
A Microsoft HD-DVD insider posted some infos
about the HDMI port on the upcoming Xbox360 Elite.
Not so 1.3 actually... Read on.

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late response. As I posted before, I was at a 2-day offsite with no net access (or time to use it!). Trying to catch up with all the questions asked.

Xbox 360 Elite supports HDMI 1.2 profile. For audio, you can select DD, DTS (at 1.5 Mbps), and WMA-Pro (Microsoft high fidelity multi-channel codec supported in some AVRs such as Pioneer). Since it is not based on 1.3, it will not support output of DD+ or TrueHD (even if it did, mixing would have been turned off).

PCM output is available but only for 2-channels (not 5.1). Please, please, don't say you don't like this. There is nothing you are going to say which we don't know . Our goal was to provide a digital connection for video which people wanted for some of their TVs. And of course, single cable A/V connection. So if having analog video bothered you before, you can now use digital. If you lacked component/VGA on your TV, you are in business with Xbox 360 Elite.

Keep in mind that the spring software update for HD DVD substantially improves audio fidelity. Per above, you now have a choice of no less than three output formats.

If you are keen on having 5.1 PCM output, I recommend purchasing the Toshiba A2 player which after the price drop, will be much cheaper than Elite.

Answering other questions, both Xbox 360 Elite and current Xbox 360 units will have a spring (console) update which adds support for different video levels for VGA output (“7.5 IRE vs 0”). And as someone mentioned, using this setting you should be able to use computer monitors in addition to TVs with resolutions all the way up to 1080p with high fidelity and no issues with HDCP handshaking. So for current users, I highly recommend trying this update with your VGA connection to see if it does the job for you. Note that this is a console update and will work for both games and of course, HD DVD. The HD DVD software update is separate from this (and will be available on both Xbox Live and xbox.com).

On output video format, Xbox 360 Elite will perform a handshake and select the appropriate RGB/YUV settings over HDMI. You cannot select it yourself.

The spring HD DVD software update will fix all the lip sync issues that have been reported/we know of.

There is no support for the WMV-HD disc format but of course, you can put WMV files on discs and Xbox 360 will play them.

looks like microsoft is cutting corners and hey are basically putting a hdmi port on a 16mb gfx card lol

Theyve not made anything WORSE than than the Original Premium 360. And the 360 is a 9/10 console, therefor theres no way it can suck.

Ya seriously, 120GB..., I would gladly pay an extra 80 bucks just for that and not including the other extras. But I'm just going to have to stick with my Premium edition.

if you also read the difference between 1.2 and 1.3 many say the difference, consumer wise, is not worth the difference in price and for some wont be noticeable so who cares?

i do and all the people that will find out down the road when they want o hook up their 8.1 suround sound systems, tey said we don't care what it does we just want o ad another port on it, lol. however the media centric will have 2 hdmi outputs one for audio one for video eat that xobox

oh and also i would notice if i wasnt geting true surround sound

Yes, and by that time there will be a new generation of consoles so I'm not to worried. To much technology at to early of time = major waste of money.

not really the ps4 is set to release at about 2011 and xbox540 at around the same time i think. and i do notice the difference between stereo and true surround sound. also nobody should buy the hddvd player atachment because blu-ray has already won and wil deliver the final bow when al the disney exclusives to cme out in about 2 months. so by that time every new console should be having bluray drives in it, screw you xbox, also why does xobox xlaim to be a high definition console if all of its games compress every thig like video and audio? doesn't sound like an hd system if its compressing hdvideo,audio, and using a cheap hdmi otput. PS3 FTW

not really the ps4 is set to release at about 2011 and xbox540 at around the same time i think. and i do notice the difference between stereo and true surround sound. also nobody should buy the hddvd player atachment because blu-ray has already won and wil deliver the final bow when al the disney exclusives to cme out in about 2 months. so by that time every new console should be having bluray drives in it, screw you xbox, also why does xobox xlaim to be a high definition console if all of its games compress every thig like video and audio? doesn't sound like an hd system if its compressing hdvideo,audio, and using a cheap hdmi otput. PS3 FTW

W..T...F are you on about !. What do you mean compressing audio video, and cheep HDMI output. Erm ... HELLO PS3 has HDMI Output which is the best !. Do you have any idea what your talking about ??. And the 360 doesnt even have a HDMI output at the moment. What do you mean 'Compress everything like video and audio'. They have to because it uses normal DVD's. But it makes Extremely little difference compressed. The games are still wrote in native 720p and 1080I, and if you set your 360 to 1080P and have a 1080P T.V. it upscales it to that.

You dont have any idea whatt your talking about, do your research then reply with a valid argument.

Xbox 360 FTW. (And the 12Million sales Versus 5 Million sales agrees with me)

W..T...F are you on about !. What do you mean compressing audio video, and cheep HDMI output. Erm ... HELLO PS3 has HDMI Output which is the best !. Do you have any idea what your talking about ??. And the 360 doesnt even have a HDMI output at the moment. What do you mean 'Compress everything like video and audio'. They have to because it uses normal DVD's. But it makes Extremely little difference compressed. The games are still wrote in native 720p and 1080I, and if you set your 360 to 1080P and have a 1080P T.V. it upscales it to that.

You dont have any idea whatt your talking about, do your research then reply with a valid argument.

Xbox 360 FTW. (And the 12Million sales Versus 5 Million sales agrees with me)

you should learn to read the topic was about the xbox360 elite and how much it sucks if you wanted an xbox sux thread you should've asked.

hmmm. lets see you just admitted the ps3 has hdmi 1.3 so i win that conversation, nd according to Micro$oft they didn't care about giving gamers any good or extra experience with hdmi they just wanted to put it in there for? caesthetic appeal i guess so they can say 360 also has hdmi, and i have done my research i think it is you who should do their research,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom