x-box will not start, can i get some help in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdriver2606

Beta member
sorry if this is the wrong forum, erase or delete me if it is, but my kidds have a x-box console, i guess the old one (green and back with the front load) when i hooked it up for them all it will do is go to a load screen that shows a clock, and thats all it will do. Wont change screens, controllers wont move the setting or anything. These poor kidds think im a goof,(could be)please save my image and help a old man out. Thanks for the help.

Have you tried different game discs? Are they stratched?

Are the controllers responding when you press buttons on them?

Is the machine damaged in any way?

the controller will do nothing, when you insert a disk nothing for the game screen comes up, all we get is a screen with a clock on it, it appears that it wants you to set the time on it, i assume this is like a startup screen for the console not the actual game, oh yeah it was purchaseds at a second hand store and has two controllers, neither one gets a responce...and thanks for your help

Xbox's don't have a little battery in them. They get the time from XBox Live.

You have to press A at the clock before you can enter into a game. Try a different controller port, or even a different controller if you can find one from a friend.

actually, they dont get it just from xbox live, they also update via chip. Thats why it resets the time if it is unplugged, it needs a constant source of power (if no live). If you dont have live then it has to stay plugged in to keep the time. Now, as far as the problem, can you get to the dashboard (as in, no game disk in) and set the time that way? Have you tried ALL available ports? If you have anything like the DVD remote, unplug the infra port and try it without any periphs attached.

well guys thanks for your response. I got two controllers with the box, neither one works in any of the four ports. I get the stall problem weither i have a game disk in or not. when it come up to the clock it just stops, if i press the "A"it gets nothing. it just wont go past that screen, it is the first thing and only thing that comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom