X-Box VS PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've played both, but my sons choose xBox. Since they were buying, who am I to complain?

I'm trying to talk 'em into buying the PS2 since it will also play the PS games. We have alot of them. PS2 does seem to have a larger selection.

:D

i have both and as far a single player games go, buy a ps2, but for multiplayer go xbox

synopsis: loner=ps2
cool guy with loads of friends: xbox

lol, and you can remedy the big controllers problem by buying a microcon (25$ us)

Hey, I have to admit, I have both. XBOX and PS2 both have their pos and cons. XBOX- big, bulky, few games, good graphics. PS2- lots of games, XBOX has better graphics, my favorite games are on PS2.

Being open minded is always key. I'm a hardcore gamer and play both PS2 and Xbox (and occasionally when there is a title not on those 2 I play Gamecube.)Both offer up pretty much the same line-up when it comes to the titles people wanna play( Grand Theft Auto aside which is coming to Xbox and Gamecube next year.). Granted PS2 has more titles but alot of it is ideas that are just rehashed with different characters, come on you can only play platform style games for so long before they all seem the same.

Bottom line is I'm an Xbox fan. I have a modded machine.(XBOX and PS2) but the Xbox does everything, It's a media player, an arcade emulator, all the previous systems are emulated at 110% with the exception of N64. The key is unlocking these extra features on your xbox. Believe me when you do you'll love everything you can do with it.

Get the linux kit for PS2, its got a 40 gig HD and you can do way more then what you can do on the XBOX :)

I still tend to wonder where you get your information. Just because you can get a Linux pack with a hard drive doesn't mean you can do more on it than Xbox. 1- You can put linux on Xbox for free, with no need to purchase anything. 2- The average gamer doesn't know how to use linux. Not only that the average gamer is going to need a few lessons to pick up on how to use the linux appz to get them to run.(This requires editting code.) I only know a hand full of people who understand linux enough for this to be easy.
Xbox does all the bonus stuff with just a mod and anyone can print a tutorial that a 12 year old can understand put the chip in and the appz are just as simple, No linux required and nothing to buy but the mod chip. And I still wanna know what it allows you to do on PS2 that Xbox can't.

still tend to wonder where you get your information.
What information are you talking about?

you can put linux on Xbox for free, with no need to purchase anything.
okay, gotcha there, wha is the newest version 6 gigs? not sure. not gonna hold what I need.

The average gamer doesn't know how to use linux.
Then why would they get a linux kit?

Xbox does all the bonus stuff with just a mod and anyone can print a tutorial that a 12 year old can understand put the chip in and the appz are just as simple, No linux required and nothing to buy but the mod chip.
12 year olds wouldn't get linux. Okay, you spend a hundred dollars for a PS2 40 gig hard drive, bigger then the XBOX one, big deal. There are mod chips for PS2 too, that do similar.

to do on PS2 that Xbox can't.
Absolutely nothing. With modifications they can do the same thing. Maybe you have to spend 75-100 more dollars to do it, but its worth it.

And when I talk I do not base my information on one thing. Just cause the PS2 has a linux kit doesn't make it good or better. You have to look at a different perspective. When I look at it , overall, I see that the PS2 is a better console. Do you work in the gaming industry? If so please tell me because I do.

Oh yah, and the PS2 doesn't need LINUX KIT to do mods. That wouldn't make much since actually. Sorry about me if I got a little, I don't know in that last post... hyper/angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom