Windows Live Messenger Coming to Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Today, Microsoft had another big announcement for its Xbox fans.

Beginning the week of May 7, 2007, the Xbox 360 Spring Update will provide Xbox 360 owners worldwide with access to Windows Live Messenger features, broadening the communication options on the Xbox LIVE social network.

The users of Windows Live Messenger on Xbox 360 will text chat using the virtual keyboard accessible on Xbox 360, or by connecting a USB keyboard to the console. This summer Microsoft will launch a QWERTY text-input device, a new accessory that will connect directly into the Xbox 360 controller to support text and instant messaging.

Click Read More to view the rest of this article.

source.gif
News Source: Playfuls

Just read about this on theregister, this will be very usefull for me, as my Freinds often txt me asking to come on MSN while im doign some pretty good ownage on my 360. I doubt i will invest in the QWERTY Keyboard for the controller though.

Heres a leaked video of the May 7th update. Looks very nice. N4G.com : Xbox 360 Spring Dashboard Update Video: May 7th release

Omg !, Are they ever going to put an Internet Browser onto the 360. Grr.

They sure to god best do... But theyve got to be carefull microsoft... if they keep updateing it'll only be a year or so until the Xbox dashboard is better than Vista with Office 2007....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom