What's a good monitor for a 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
I'm finally buying a 360 but the TV I have now isn't that great. I heard that LCD computer monitors are a cheap way to make the games look better without buying an HDTV. Anyone know some good monitor options? Hopefully under $300.

I use an HP w2007 (20" Widescreen 1680x1050) with VGA cable and it looks awesome. It's a true HD 720p (technically more than that, but not 1080p) image. For sound I use a 2.1 speaker set (Creative Inspire T3100) with subwoofer. Works great for Wii, 360, and PC gaming.

I'm finally buying a 360 but the TV I have now isn't that great. I heard that LCD computer monitors are a cheap way to make the games look better without buying an HDTV. Anyone know some good monitor options? Hopefully under $300.

BenQ E2200HD 22"

Best monitor for any game system except for maybe the 24" version of the same thing. Its a PC monitor, but it uses TV Widescreen ratio so no bands or re-sizing and its full 1080P.

Also has HDMI.

Most people are just going to say whatever compatible monitor they have. I shall dutifully follow this train with mine:
BenQ United Kingdom - Computing
Its good because it has preset game settings that adjust different colour attributes on the fly. Loads of inputs round the back so you can have everything plugged in at once, Its a large screen at 24" with 1900x1200 resolution which self adjusts for 720 and 1080. Picture in picrture is quite useful in slower gaming moments and means you can check your email or msn whilst massacring people on gtaiv. It looks awesome in its aluminium casing however this comes at £200-600 premium in the UK there is a non aluminium alternative with the same start to the model number.

This monitor has native 16:9 support whilst mine is is 16:10
BenQ United Kingdom - Computing

Microsoft partnered with Samsung, samsung designed several of there TV's around purely to look good with the Xbox 360.

And heck, they look really amazing with the 360 - they honestly do look better than other TV's for the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom