Video Splitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so.. playing with my friends we are kinda gettin sick of the tiny 1/4 screen for 4 player mode... but we have several TV (and monitors for that matter)

Is there a way to use some sort of set up or device to split the video signal so that 1st player is on the main screen, second is on another TV/moni, and so forth? Kinda like using 4 displays stacked in a square to give an artificial HUGE display.

I've seen it before, were 4 screens are set up like that to 1 device to provide a "Huge screen" to play on, but I have no idea how you would accomplish this.

Yeah i know that's possible but I don't have $400 for a 360 elite. Was trying to find another way to play on multi TVs.

also- is elite worth it? I hear they are RROD just as much as Pro systems, I thought they were supposed to be better cooled...

I was thinking more like this, but only with a 2x2 set up instead of the ginormous stuff they got going on:
Video Wall Installations

The older elites have I think the Falcon motherboard??? Still proned to overheating, has a better GPU cooling solution, and I think the CPU went under a die shrink, but the latest model motherboard, the Jasper should have almost completly eliminated that.

BTW that stuff is possible, but the equipment is usualy very expensive, and isn't considered as it would be cheaper to buy seperate systems.

Has anyone got a way to check which mobo is inside? like by serial or date or something? I am looking into 360's now.... omg.. I am turning pure geek girl.... and yea.. I don't want cr@p to deal with.

Was thinkin of the new Red system with RE5, but bleh.. just get a normal one with the bundle pack and paint it if I got to, gonna need more then 1 game anyway.

Also if this "video splitting processor" device they talk about on one of the sites is available seperate, for under $400, it'd be worth it for me, I got like 8 old monitors and TV's with adaptors laying around not doing anything.

From what I hear the RE5 xboxs are Jaspers. I'm not sure about the black elites you'd have to check each one to see I think. You can tell by the power supply which one it is. I think there might be a way to tell without opening the box up so you could check in the store. Just search for it and I'm sure you'll find it. I found this: How to Identify a Jasper or Falcon Xbox 360

If I were you I'd just get a red one. Has RE5, should be great. And also a coupon to download Street Fighter. That's better than Lego Indiana Jones and KungFu Panda any day. Just my opinion. My red xbox should be arriving wednesday.

you forgot "and red and black are sexy, and your first two favorite colours" Lol. Yea but first gotta finish my PC, then go for the 360.

I still wanna look into splitting though.. it's sparked some ideas for me.

and thanks a bundle on the Jasper thing, the 12.1a rating will come in handy, but stores will hate me. Lol.

Some wont let you even check, but if you really want to spend the money on the equipment that can split the signal you can, it just may or may not work completly right, its basicaly telling the software in the convertor, what quads of the screen you want to display on other screens, so if you tried to view a single large screen, it would most likely be split up onto all four or so screens.

I got my Pro system (60GB, $300 model) at Best Buy and it has the Jasper board. Find a store that has the boxes out in the open, so you can look at each package (Best Buy had them laying around on the ground :) ). Look through the serial code cutout and you should be able to see the label. My console has a MFR Date of 2008-11-06 (November 6th 2008). Usually if you can get one made in or after November 2008 you'll get a Jasper. You can identify a Jasper 100% by the power rating. The old 360's (Xenon and Zephyr models) use 16.5A on the 12V input (you can identify this on the back under the hole in the label where it says 12V=16,5A;5V=1A). The Falcons use 14.2A and the new Jaspers use 12.1A. The Jaspers may also come with a 150W power brick, though mine came with the older 175W one (power bricks are forwards but not backwards compatible).

The Jasper boards are still hard to find in Pro systems, but almost all Arcades being sold are now Jasper. Also, the new red Resident Evil 5 Elite packages have Jasper boards according to numerous reports I've read. Just check the MFR Date and don't buy it unless it's November 2008 or newer.

Also beware that not all games support System Link and you'll need one game disc for each Xbox 360 console. Some games may be played locally through Xbox Live. Though GTA IV has no System Link mode, my friends and I hook up 2 consoles to one laptop (to get Internet), connect both to Live, and then play 2 players using Live.

As for something to split the video, I wouldn't count on it. You could theoretically hook your 360 to a computer with an HDTV tuner and then use a program to split the video into 4 monitors, but each would be low quality and it would be a mess to set up. I think you're better off buying another console. If you want a mega LAN party with lots of consoles, you could try buying up a bunch of broken consoles on eBay and doing the X-clamp replacement fix for the RRoD (I did this on a broken console my friend gave me a year ago, still plays fine today though I got a Jasper last month). If you get 4 consoles for $30 and only fix 3 of them, you still can have a good LAN party, add some cheap VGA cables (got one for $2.50 on eBay) for your monitors and some used copies of games and you have an awesome game room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom