vice city memory card save and copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wprensky

Beta member
I am trying to copy a saved game file from Vice City from one Xbox to another. I can copy the saved game from the original console to the memory card, but when I go to copy it from the memory card to the new console there is no "copy" option - only "delete". Nothing I do seems to make the "copy" button appear. Is this a known problem with Vice City? I need to move the saved game file to a new console and it is a real pain - there are hours of play in this saved game file.

Many thanks.

Wartorment said:
Then try going into Vice city and loading it, then saving it on your HDD.

Can't do that - already tried it. Vice City is not "memory card compatable" so it won't load/save directly from/to memory card. It will copy to the memory card, however. That isn't a VC issue. But why the (*)((FD won't it copy it back to the HDD?? Someone suggested that it is because VC is written by a company owned by Sony and they programed it to not work on the Xbox. I can't think of even how they would have done that, and I hope that isn't true.

Wartorment said:
If you had a modded xbox...

Yes, but it still doesn't explain how it could be possible that the file will copy to the memory card, be there and be found by the dashboard, yet will not copy back to a HDD on an xbox console. Unless the file structure and permissions for xbox files are radically different from windows based systems, I don't see how that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom