ur thoughts about cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would consider cheating is illegal hax like aim botting which requires the use of extra software to get headshots no matter what. Stuff like that I consider cheating but simply buying a controller with a turbo is no big deal to me.
Aim-botting sure makes for some great Videos on YT:

The ones with all the crying and screaming "cheat" are so funny. No sense of humour.

That's because it's not funny to spawn in and expect a fair match, only to be headshotted from the other side of the ****ing map by a guy with a machine gun or pistol. No skill involved at all, no sportsmanship, and really you're not even playing the game. It's pretty much a big middle finger to all the people who've worked hard to develop their skill in a game, only to be put in an impossible match against a cheater.

No, using a different controller is not cheating per se. It is however unfair because no matter how much the other players practice (i.e improve their skill levels) in this case they're never going to be able to fire as fast as you can. I.e you have an unfair advantage over them, not because of your skill but because of your hardware. They have hardware which is perfectly adequate to run the game smoothly and well, but you've actively gone out and bought something which is designed to make it easier for you (less challenging) to beat other players. Only noobs would need to do that, and only noobs do. I don't mind someone who's just learning the game, but someone who's essentially given up on developing their skills and turned to other methods that make for a slanted playing field...well on any server I'm on you won't last too long before being kicked.

As another example for what I mean by a fair match, if you had a ping of 20 and your opponent had a ping of 690 you wouldn't say it was a fair match. You're not cheating, but that doesn't suddenly mean the match is at all fair. In fact I'd find it plain unenjoyable because no matter how good the player with 690 ping is, they'd almost certainly be pwned even by someone who's new to the game.

I can get headshots from the other side of the map in some COD games with other average players and me using a machine gun. It is VERY difficult....

Here is a question: "If everyone uses a wall hack is it cheating?"

I think Hardware driven stuff is not cheating. Otherwise you could say I was cheating for using a mouse with side buttons because it makes melee faster than V or using macro keys on my keyboard makes it possible to switch to weapons or skills without going into my inventory and such. I would like to see anyone with a rapid fire controller beat me while I use a regular one... Ohh that might happen because I suck with a controller...period LOL

I can get headshots from the other side of the map in some COD games with other average players and me using a machine gun. It is VERY difficult....
I can do so regularly using ACR w/Red-Dot on MW2.
/boast :D

You get my point though. On a PC-based game where everyone has different hardware already, it's gonna be a little tougher to make a judgement call. But on an PS3 or Xbox game where everything is much closer to being the same, then yha. I could live with someone having a different controller, because it IS possible still to beat them if you're good enough. But aimbotting is srsly ftl

That's because it's not funny to spawn in and expect a fair match, only to be headshotted from the other side of the ****ing map by a guy with a machine gun or pistol. No skill involved at all, no sportsmanship, and really you're not even playing the game. It's pretty much a big middle finger to all the people who've worked hard to develop their skill in a game, only to be put in an impossible match against a cheater.

No, using a different controller is not cheating per se. It is however unfair because no matter how much the other players practice (i.e improve their skill levels) in this case they're never going to be able to fire as fast as you can. I.e you have an unfair advantage over them, not because of your skill but because of your hardware. They have hardware which is perfectly adequate to run the game smoothly and well, but you've actively gone out and bought something which is designed to make it easier for you (less challenging) to beat other players. Only noobs would need to do that, and only noobs do. I don't mind someone who's just learning the game, but someone who's essentially given up on developing their skills and turned to other methods that make for a slanted playing field...well on any server I'm on you won't last too long before being kicked.

As another example for what I mean by a fair match, if you had a ping of 20 and your opponent had a ping of 690 you wouldn't say it was a fair match. You're not cheating, but that doesn't suddenly mean the match is at all fair. In fact I'd find it plain unenjoyable because no matter how good the player with 690 ping is, they'd almost certainly be pwned even by someone who's new to the game.
Would you consider me cheating for simply getting that XFPS device? It is essentially the same as buying "a new controller" but makes me more on a level playing field with my friends who play consoles constantly. I don't want to waste my time "training" to be good with a controller when I'm already good at using a KB/Mouse combo only for the game to be obsolete within a few years and nobody else plays it. (I'm one of those that REALLY has to have a reason to buy a console game....you know me). To elaborate on level playing field, when I play with them I feel like I just started playing 360 because the matchmaking puts them with people level with them. Since I'm on the team, I get stuck being the ****ty guy because I don't play 360 half of my day. It's not something stupid or ridiculous like a turbo button, but it also has its flaws meaning it wont be exactly like playing on a PC. To me, it just seems like the logical choice since I don't want to waste my time.

Personally I think using an XFPS is perfectly fine, provided you're not as good with the console controller (and if you were, you wouldn't use one).

As I said, no I don't think that's cheating; I do however think it's unfair. So you suck, get over it. Practice moar, don't pool with your uber-level mate and get pitted against the leet, play mp by yourself for a bit (it won't kill you) and get your skill levels up the hard way, the way everyone else did.

When Halo 2 came out I played it practically every day. "Practicing" wont help me raise to my friends level because I'm simply not good at FPS with a controller at all. I'm a straight PC person and kb/mouse is where its at. The only reason I even have Reach is so I can play with them online and these guys have been playing nothing but Xbox since the first one came out and Halo came out in 2001. Meh, the other people can ***** about me like I ***** about aim botters lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom