ur thoughts about cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Rules require you to only use a particular Controller, if not then it is not. What if he had purchased a 'slow fire' Controller then would he (or everyone else) be cheating. Do all Parts have to be Stock?
I agree on this. I might be buying an XFPS Live so I can use mouse/kb combo on the 360 so I don't seem like a total noob on Halo. Some of my friends consider it cheating solely on the fact that I rape on PC Halo and know I'll rape on 360. Others think it just gives me more of a fair advantage against the 12yo kids that do nothing but play 360 all their lives.

Actually I redacted my statement... It would be similar to someone buying a nice keyboard with macro keys on a computer or a better mouse or something :tongue:

@Bulldozer I never made the rules of gaming thats why I asked for thoughts and opinions

in my opinion it is cheating my opinion, but as many stated it is not so it is what it is.

*ok i'll be a lil more specific, i'm jus talkn day to day gaming nothing serious jus fps games (single shot weapons)

What I would consider cheating is illegal hax like aim botting which requires the use of extra software to get headshots no matter what. Stuff like that I consider cheating but simply buying a controller with a turbo is no big deal to me.

I know Blizzard has in the past punished users that use macros that are not hardware driven, but software driven...

You mean like for using the programmable G keys on logitech gaming keyboards? It's really all in the software. Doesn't work if you don't have it running.

And yeah, I really don't see how a rapid fire controller is going to help you out very much. Snipers have too much recoil for this to be of any use, and you should be able to get someone with a pistol fine without this unless you are totally garbage. I'm gonna go with not cheating, just wasting money.

I think it's cheating because it gives the player an unfair advantage.
Does practicing the game 18+ hours per day on the weekends and 16+ hours a day during the week give people who do not work an "unfair advantage" over people who do work - EG: School-age vs. Parents.

Does practicing the game 18+ hours per day on the weekends and 16+ hours a day during the week give people who do not work an "unfair advantage" over people who do work - EG: School-age vs. Parents.

I highly doubt that.

A. Keep the discussion about the topic at hand.
B. My reference was simply to say that it is NOT an American thing. We have more staff members from the UK, Australia and other parts of the world than we do in the USA. That is an ill conceived comment from Yami and it serves no right being said. We have 5 USA Staff members and 7 from other parts of the world. If it was such a big problem with those other staff member the members from the USA could easily be outvoted on the matter to have it reversed. Apparently those staff members agree that it can be considered offensive by some people and it should be left. This includes the UK, Sweden, Australia, Canada. So to tell me it is a USA only thing is a crock of junk.

The word is filtered due to it being offensive by some people. If you want another word filtered, bring it up in confidential discussion area and give your reason. Dont just say it is cause you want it. Cause it wont fly.

That is the end of this part of the discussion in this thread. Back to the topic.

Addendum: I am in complete agree with KSoD even if he is a bit more flexible on this point. Thread carefully. ~Trotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom