Time to say goodbye for a few weeks =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Yes, it's another one of those: "My xbox 360 got the red flashing lights"

So, it happened once during Guitar Hero 2 and I power cycled and it was fine. This is the first time it ever did this and was about 2 weeks ago. It never had problems with over heating or anything.

Then yesterday I try to get on for some Call of Duty 4 action. Everything was fine until I couldn't connect to a friend on live so I decided to restart my 360. During the restart it froze at the logo screen and then red flashing rings appeared. I made all the attempts to fix it, but to no avail. The error code was the 0102 error which is as of yet unknown. Luckily for me and all other 360 owners, Microsoft has the 3 year additional warranty to cover all 3 flashing red lights errors. So I am getting it fixed for free, getting an additional warranty for free, and a free 1 month gold subscription! =)

At least this will let me play some of my Wii and PS3 games I had been ignoring lately.

At least you had the warranty, I got my console out of warranty from a friend and fixed it myself...free console but it crashes every once in a while. Good luck with your replacement, as I've heard that some of the fixed ones still have problems and will get the red ring of death again.

Yeah hopefully the repair process has improved some. Of the friends I have that had to get them repaired within the last few months, none have RRoD'd again. So hopefully the repairs are much more refined and the whole "My xbox has broke 6 times!" issue won't be there anymore.

I have a stupid step brother, he has a 360, just the core one, well he lives in what I would call, a barn, for idiots, he leaves trash and food all over, well the other day I there working on his computer, find ants all over the room, and his 360 covered in food, with ants going in and out of it, I was like, no wonder it has failed twice, it has freaking ants in it! I would shoot that idiot if I could.

Man more Xbox problems. I'm so glad I got rid of mine.

The funny thing is I sold my Xbox on ebay and not a month later the guy emailed me and told me that it had the flashing LED problem. He needed the warranty info on it so he could fix it.

Microsoft sure messed this one up. I still think Microsoft should have never got into making gaming consoles, just my opinion.

Eh, competition is always good. And had they put together a fully quality machine, they probably would be the top contender right now. They have all the good game support and good hardware (when it works). All they really need is to stop this issue from taking so much of their money and focus more on targeting the whole spectrum of audiences. The Wii has the kiddies and oldies, the 360 and PS3 have the common teens through 40's. If the Xbox 360 could be opened to the greater audiences by simply adding cool little motion sensor addons and offering more games for alternative audiences while keeping their hardcore audience pleased then they would no doubt be the top contender.

Oh and a $100 price cut would probably help solidify that as well.

I think the 360 is the best console out there to be honest...I've always been a Nintendo person, started with the Game Boy Color, Advance, GameCube, DS, and now Wii...but then my friend gave me a broken 360 to fix (which I did). The 360's Live system is awesome, voice chat and messages anytime during gameplay, the integration of communication and gaming is great. The 360 has a decent game library (I'd have to say Wii > 360 > PS3 for game library, as the Wii has tons of good first party titles, but the 360 has Halo 3). The 360's graphics are very nice, and VGA support is great for my LCD panel (mine's an old model, so it doesn't have HDMI...but I use my DVI input for my PC anyways). The official controller has a solid feel and fits nicely in your hands (unlike my cheap Mad Catz rip-off controller that has RB and LB buttons that don't work right and over-sensitive control sticks).

As for the PS3, I guess it's not that bad of a console, but the game library is seriously lacking and the controller is just plain uncomfortable (I didn't like the PS2 controller either...it makes you reach too far for the analog sticks, very uncomfortable for shooters). The omission of rumble packs in the Sixaxis controller was outright stupid, and Blu-Ray may have been overkill because it pushed the price way up.

The Wii is great for the games it has. It wasn't intended as a direct competitor to the 360/PS3, so I don't judge it as such. The best games for the Wii are the first-party Nintendo ones (Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy, etc) as well as a unique controller (very good for the games that use it correctly, not meant to replace a gamepad for games that use one). The graphics aren't excellent, but the system does a good job with what it has. The Wii's online system is also lacking. The Wii does have homebrew capabilities now, though, and hopefully will soon have a media center app like the Xbox had XBMC.

Sadly, the Wii's latest entries of Nintendo's popular franchises just weren't up to par. Smash Bros. Brawl was exactly the same as the Gamecube version with just a few added features, and some really stupid power weapons that make the game pointless. Mario Kart Wii is aweful with the Wii Mote and must be played using a Gamecube or N64 controller. Super Mario Galaxy, I haven't played, and the Legend of Zelda bored me. The main problem with the Wii is that they have TOO many games that hardly anyone has heard of.

Also, the attachment rate is Xbox 360 > Wii > PS3. Basically 360 owners have about a 7.3 attachment rate which means the average Xbox 360 owner will buy 7 or more other games and accessories. The Wii and PS3 are only at around a 2.1 last I heard. There are so many people who never even buy anything for the Wii past the Wii Sports game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom