Talk about a bad day for this to happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
owellga0.jpg

:(

Oh no! Check and see if other games work, because there is a known issue with this game freezing on both PS3 and 360, and so far rockstar has NO idea why it's happening.

HAHAH yea that sucks for you
thats what happens with microsoft way to much
i think they build there 360s to RRoD Cuz i went through two 360s and i had enough and had to move to ps3

all xbox had that i use to like was halo btu now thats crap so ill stick wit my good ol ps3

Oh no! Check and see if other games work, because there is a known issue with this game freezing on both PS3 and 360, and so far rockstar has NO idea why it's happening.

Nope, it's fully dead, now it get the lights on startup. I just want some solid time with GTA IV before/if it breaks again. Called Tuesday night, got the box today (even though they said 3-5 business days, looking good so far)and just got back from dropping it off at the UPS store.

How old was your 360?

Bought mine in July 06, the Mfr. date says June 04 2006 so it's not a launch console, but still fairly close. My drive bay also sticked all the time (especially when there is no disk in the drive), that should be fixed as well. I'll just keep playing on my PC, just sucks I pre-ordered GTA IV online and paid extra shipping to get it the day of release only to get to play it for about 90 minutes.

hey it would have been worse if you got it and didn't get to play it at all.

You know what, I'm actually glad I wasn't able to play for more than an hour or two. Otherwise I would have been hooked on the game and not being able to play would only make it more painful. Got to test the aiming system, driving (seems a little too slugish, even if they are aiming for realism, but good none the less), and physics. I managed to get the achievement for escaping 4 stars before it crashed.

If it's under warranty, get Microsoft to ship you a replacement box to send yours back in.

In the meantime, take your 360, wrap it in towels or blankets (I just stuffed mine under my bed sheets), and run it for 15 minutes. This "towel trick" is a temporary (yes, only TEMPORARY) fix for your RRoD problem. It will at least allow you to start playing the game before you can get a new console.

Mine gets RRoD all the time, got it from a friend because it was broken, so I have to keep fixing it. Hopefully I'll get a new 360 soon when the new motherboards come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom