switch XBOX hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
My xbox has a 40 gig hard drive (right ?) i have 52 gigs in my computer (2 20gig and 2 6gig) it would be easier to have one big hard drive then a bunch of smaller ones. and i dont use that much space on my xbox (not even 6gigs). so couldnt i just pop the xbox hard drive into my computer on slave and make an image of it and then put that image onto one of my smaller hard drives (say a 20 gig) and then pop that 20 gig into the xbox ?...then i would have 60 gigs on my computer with only two hard drives and still have 2 drives to spare.... has anyone done this, would this work. seems to me that it would work. i mean...the image would keep everything thats on the hard drive and put it on the other one.

WOULD IT WORK ?

This would work. Use XBOXHDM to copy your XBOX files over to your 20 GIG, then use XBOXHDM to delete your XBOX drive so its empty. THen pop it into your computer and so on :)

i didnt think an xbox HD would be compatible with ur PC. but hey..wat a crazy world
Yeah, thats what I said above. The xbox uses a different file system so it will not work.

actually that XBOXHDM seems to be able to find it alright...thx for help guys.

Sorry, I meant work with Windows. Yeah it works with XBOXHDM, but thats what it is for, and it is not Windows, it's a version of Live Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom