Sweat deal on a Xbox has been a long winded pain in the but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
OK so last Wednesday I had to got to Liverpool city centre, anyway's I was walking past game station and I looked in the window and there was a second hand Xbox for 35quid with no games. My instant sensation was to walk on but the cash I had in my pocket was burning a hole in my pocket so I bought it.

Any way I got home kinda late and didn't have time to set it up, so I decided to wait till the next day. So I role out of bed and went into the conservatory to set it up on the TV in there, this is where the problems started.

I set it up and I tried to set the system clock and nothing happened (it was set back to factory settings when I got it) the control pad didn't respond to anything I did. so I thought I mush have done something wrong and turned the thing on and off around 10 times every time the same result. So I figured out the problem was down to the pad and I didn't have time to go to replace it and I made my mind up to go down the next day.

So next day roles around and I go to town with the pad to have it replaced they plugged it into there Xbox and the pad was broken so they replaced it and give me a choice of a free game (I got XII). I go home and plug it in same problem at this point I screamed a few four letter words that made my mum jump. This time I figured the problem was with the Xbox this time. So I can't go to town for the next 4 days so I am stuck with a non working Xbox and a game I can't play.

I go down today with the Xbox and the new pad they plug it in and the new pad. I tell them the situation and they plugged it in they had the problem they offered to replace it. The guy on the counter went out back to get a replacement, I asked them to set it up to see if it works so they do that and the new one didn't work, I had to go do some shopping so I told him to find a working one while I go shopping and I will be back in a few hours, the guy was cool with that.

So i go shopping and come back, it turns out the guy had to try 4 xbox's before they found a working one. because it was such a bad deal they gave me a second pad a few games and a gift voucher for £20.

So that was the saga of Chris and the Xbox, full of problems but I made on the deal in the end.

Just a Xbox. if it was a 360 I probably would have had a heart attack.

Yes they have quite a few in, since the 360 come out people have been selling there old Xbox's like crazy.

Yes I do know that KMAN but I am getting the better end of the deal.

yeah, why pay 65 for a new one, when you can pay 35 and get the system, 2 controllers a free game and a £20 gift card lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom