Some xbox questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I currently have an xbox. I want to mod it and are wondering, whats the best mod chip around for whatever $ amount and whats the best mod chip in terms of price to performance ratio. Also is it needed I get a ram upgrade and can I do that myself?

Not sure about the mod chip, but you don't need to get any more RAM. Most games will only use the amount originally in the Xbox, so the only reason you'd need it would be if you were running Linux on it or something.

you can, its just extremely slow, for the ram that it has. its specs are completely good, except for the ram: 733mhz celeron, 64mb ram, 8gb hdd. with a modded box, it is possible(and runs pretty good) with DSL, 95, 98, 2kprosp4(havent tried xp tho)

since i gave up on xp, i thought of another thing: that hdd is ok, since the box is fried, so i went on a quest to unlock it, and i actually succeded(without using the xbox what so ever, just the computer)

and, for the ram upgrade, they are avail, but you cant do it urself unless you are extremely good at soldering (i mean micro, like the type of skils to add more ram to a video card..which it realy is)

Ok I have been looking around for ram and its almost impossible to buy this stuff probably because of how old it is and the fact im a consumer. I did manage to find the kind of ram I have in my xbox was used on ati's radeon 7000 series (4x 16mb chips to make 64mb ddr) and was wondering if I bought one from newegg or an old one from a friend or something, could I use the ram from the card in the xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom