Should i buy an Xbox360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
As the title says should i?

I'm looking to play GTA IV and any other games that may interest me.

All this RRoD stuff scares me though, should i just get extended warranty if i get one?

Edit: I already have a Wii which i am still looking to get at least 4 more games for. Do you think there would be an advantage to waiting a year or so to buy the 360?

Buy a 360. It will have a continuous line-up of games. And the RRoD issue is no longer a dilemna. It now only affects VERY few consoles and Microsoft Covers all consoles until atleast 2010 (not sure if the 3 year warranty applies to all new consoles from date of purchase or just from the announcement of the extended warranty made in 2007).

Either way, the Xbox is the way to go for the best online experience, most AND best games, and customizations.

i am going right down the middle on this:laughing:

the thing i am going to say is look at the games that are currently out and the ones coming out

look at if you willing to pay for xbox live and a set up of a router to handle the connection

look at getting a elite or pro system, is it worth the money for it and will you get enjoyment out of it for a while

if you like the games, willing to pay for xbox live (optional) and you think the cost is worth it then get it:freak:

my mad line of thought always says do i like the games coming out and is the hardware worth the cost, answer yes to these 2 and i'm away

Why are you asking! Just go get one!!!

Also get CoD4, Guitar Hero 3 and Live while you're at it :D

I say WAIT!

Not long, but a new motherboard revision (codenamed Jasper) is set to phase out the current "Falcon" boards. The new board will have a 65nm GPU instead of the current 90nm GPU. Although the Falcon board reduced the chances of RRoD greatly, it still has the same problem-causing chip that is found in the launch systems. The new GPU chip will use less energy and, more importantly, produce less heat, reducing the stress on the solder connections and preventing the RRoD. I'm currently using a malfunctioning launch system given to me with RRoD. I have fixed it numerous times and for the most part it works, but it needs fixed a lot. I'm holding out until the Jasper boards are in stores to buy a new system.

^ sorry to put a stint on this but wasn't the falcon board ment to do the exact same thing

i've had 1 xbox 360 with the falcon board in it but after 4 months of use it gave me the RRoD but still i have a ps3 from 2 weeks after lurch (had it 13 months ) and yet it froze once though my own doing and not had a problem since

Well, there's obviously no evidence that the Jasper board will completely stop RRoD, but with a smaller GPU process, it will definitely produce less heat. Since we pretty well know that heat causes the RRoD (the heat cracks the lead-free solder used to connect the chip to the board), the failure will be less likely. The problem with the current systems is that heat is removed more efficiently in the Falcon (bigger heatsink) but it still has the same chip, which produces a lot of heat. The Falcon had a 65nm CPU, but the CPU wasn't usually the failing part in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom