setting up a lan for xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drworm2005

In Runtime
I heard there is a way to link multiple xbox's (each using it's own T.V.) for example instead of playing halo with 4 players on one T.V. split into 4's you can make a LAN with 4 xbox's and use 4 T.V.'s.

Does anyone know how to do this or what hardware i may need to get?

Thanks.

Drworm2005.

You will need a 4 port router. Such as a Linksys. All 4 xbox's are hooked up via the network. Each xbox is pluged into one port. Then each xbox can have its own tv.
Xbox 1 --> Port 1
Xbox 2 --> Port 2
Xbox 3 --> Port 3
Xbox 4 --> Port 4
This way each person can have their own tv instead of using split screen. I think this makes sense....

Yeah. You can use either a router, a switch or a hub to link the 4 xbox's together.

Trifid said:
Yeah. You can use either a router, a switch or a hub to link the 4 xbox's together.

OK i wouldn't mind getting something else (other than using my modem)

Could you please give me an idea of what i should use say for a HUB?

Thanks

drworm2005.

I would refrain from using a hub.. This is just my experience... but when my friends and I had a lan thing going, someone brought a Netgear HUB... BAD IDEA. We would get lag as if we were playing online... but we werent. Trust me do NOT get a HUB unless the bandwidth on the hub supports that of a router.

Hubs are fine for when there are very few people on, but after about systems connected you start to notice its limitations, with lag. Switches are more ideal.

We had a netgear HUB when we did system link. With 16 people on 4 xboxs we never got any lag. And we were using a 70+ cat5 cable we literally soldered multiple cords together. That thing was a beast. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom