Ryse: Son of Rome

Popeyedcookie

Baseband Member
Am I the only one super excited about Ryse!!! Looks like I can quit smoking again and get a stress reliever when i Spartan kick some unlucky ******* off of a drop! I mean c'mon who wouldn't wanna be a Roman general!

Attachments

• sparta.jpg
    sparta.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Sparta and Rome are two completely different things, but I see what you're saying. To me, it sounds like Microsoft is trying to come up with an answer for Sony's God of War. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I don't get that "new wave / groundbreaking / future of games" sense that they are promising... and it has quicktime events.

And to top it all off, all games showcased at E3 were run on PC's, so who knows what the actually Xbox versions look like.

lol yeah I guess Spartans were Greek my bad, the trailer just really reminded me of the movie 300. Yeah I see what your saying about qte but I was also a big fan of Star Wars the Force Unleashed series, so it doesn't bother me much. It's definitely nice looking to all the middle age warfare fans! Thanks for the comments!

It reminded me of a Telltale game. Not that that's a bad thing, it just seemed QTE reliant.

The developer said the QTE was a small part and really only was part of execution/finishing moves, but when I watched it it looked like that was half of what the game play was. I have a feeling it is not going to be more than a 20 minute novelty play. After the initial wow factor it will probably get boring.

Back
Top Bottom