removing the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i am trying to remove the outer covering of the xbox.i was wondering if i can put a regular harddrive in it bc i have an extra 5 gb harddrive and i wanna put it in there would i be able to do that?if so how do i go about doing this?what tools do i need?

i believe you can replace the HD with a different one but im not to much into xbox anymore. Check out xbox-scene.com they have picture tutorials on almost anything that has to do with xbox

I don't think you can use two hd's.. but replacing it will work.
Remember once you open it you void the warranty.

yea i didnt think you could have 2 HD's thats why i asked....what is the standard size HD in the Xbox anyway ?? is it really worth voiding all warrenty to upgrade to a 5gig HD ??

Whats the point if you have a Mod chip than yeah since you would be able to put your games on directly to your xbox and play from there and plus Iam not to sure you can put in a hard drive without a softmod or mod chip unless u have one than youre in luck.

The stock HD is 10gigs, you can't just put in a new hard drive, you need a modded box to do that.

if you dont have a mod chip then i dont know why you would want to put a 5 gig hd in there. they come standard with 10 gigs. and you wouldnt be able to download games because of no modchip. so if it were me then i wouldnt do it. just save up money and get a new xecuter 3 chip and a 80 gig HD. i love my modded xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom