Red Ring of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
So I chucked in Gears of War today, finally got round to getting it, and I must say, that it friken owns, so much so, that it owned my xbox before i got into the campaign, lol, but it was so worth it, loved that menu.

Freaked out, turns out it is the worst kind, all but top right quadrant gone red, hence, hardware failure, called M$, they fixing it for me, awww, poor sexbox...

oh, and before you bother PS3 fanboy that will no doubt post, I know that xbox 360s are renowned for hardware failures and there will be lots of them, however PS3 will have its turn soon enough, xboxs have just been released a whole lot longer than PS3s have, M$ got round to releasing a great console, sony just d**kd around for a while and waited what... a yr or so longer to release? i'd rather have a 360 thanks!

actually there was a bad batch of PS3 somewhere in Europe, took the threats of the European consumer commision (forget the actual name) to finally get Sony to fess up to it and fix the problem. They were, at first, going to leave it to the consumer to pay for the fix.

ECC is the right acronym for a pointless waste of tax payers hard earned money.

Oh and there was a problem with some of the early 306's in the UK something to do with the Disk drive and the control pad's. I don't own one yet but I am going to when I get my build's out of the way. I could then play GOW on co-op with Phantom118 an show him what a real soldier can do even if it's on line ;) (JK dude)

lol... Why go co-op when we can play VS.

I'd put up a great fight... Im an ace with the shotty lol..

Well there hasn't been many reported ps3 failures, by this I mean of course compared to the wii and xbox 360, Comeon 360's are known for breaking down, why do you think M$ extended the warranty? Although i do admit that there has been some faulty ps3's its not as bad as you say it is compared to the 360 in which case everyone knows about the rings.

I know that xbox 360s are renowned for hardware failures and there will be lots of them, however PS3 will have its turn soon enough, xboxs have just been released a whole lot longer than PS3s have, M$ got round to releasing a great console, sony just d**kd around for a while and waited what... a yr or so longer to release?

actually i think it is M$ that has been ****ing around this whole time since even the newer generation 360's and elites have gotten the rings, so as I have said before it depends on the luck of the draw, you can get a working 360 or a 360 that will break in 5 minutes, you praise MS for fixing them but they haven't fixed anything since their consoles still get them

actually, they're doing something different now.. all consoles coming back get the MBD that is in the new black box because of better heat dissipation.

its actually a thermal compound issiue what happens is when u play it at first u can do two things bond the paste or bake it if you play for to long you can bake it lol therefore insulatign instead of makign a thermal bond from the die to the heat sink i looked up and that seems to be causing the hardware problem and no wiis have not had anyhard ware problems that i have herd of and i dont think you cant count tars whipign a wii mote the the tv a problem anyway nintendo is so confident in its console it only has a 3 month manufacturers warranty and no its not cause there cheap its because they dotn need a warrantie over 3 months i havent herd onf oen wii yet have a break down nut ya that sucks my buddy has the same prob for him the killer was oblivion i lent it to him to i feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom