the real power of xbox360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, price IS an issue. The more you spend on parts, the better parts you have. If your only going to spend say 140 on a processor your only going to get something mediocre. But if you spend say 400 on a processor, your going to get the latest technology. To build a top of the line pc, you need ALL the latest technology. So in other words, even though price was never mentioned, its still a huge factor.

Again, that was not the point of this thread. If you wanted to say its the most powerful system at its cost then fine, but to say its more powerful than even high end pc's is a false statement.

No, its not a false statement. The reason being is that developers have NOT had a chance to fully utilize the 360's advanced chipset. Pointing out games like Oblivion comparisons on a very high end PC shows nothing, because the developement for this architecture is VERY new. ****, the direct L2 cache instruction handling has yet to be exploited, the environmental dynimc via the graphics GPU and its procedural synthesis has barely been exploited (a small amount via Oblivion), the streaming object and texture between the GPU, memory and CPU (for lack of better word as I've forgot what its called), and a host of others. So, NO, its imposible to say they are more powerful and be all accounts, the technical specs on the hardware IS more powerful on the 360 (unless you want to include parallel computing), its just software designers know how to eak a computer for all its worth as the instuction set at its very basic core has changed very little. The instruction sets for the 360 is very different and with multi cores and direct instruction writing to the L2, it makes programming a nightmare for ALL next generation consoles with maybe the exception of the Wii.

owenma435 said:
even though xbox 360 is amazing, its still not as powerful as the PC. You can check out the 360's specs here

Im sorry that i only got to the second reply without reading the rest but... how can you say that?

you say it's not as powerful as "the" PC asif every PC is the same. The xbox 360 has 3 proccessors all running at 3GHz, i would like to see a PC with that. Even 256mb of ram is nearly the average in all PCs these days. All i can say is the the Xbox 360 is much powerful than the average PC today. Sure the PC is easy to upgrade etc and maybe there will be a more powerful one soon but right now? XBOX 360 FTW :p

agreed, apparently you care colby... anyhow, lets face it. Until the 360, PS3, and Wii have all the power squeeked out of it and pushed to its limits, there is no telling... as of right now, it isn't being fully utilized because of the way it has to be coded. Thats the problem, the hardware potential is amazing, the architecture unique, so the comparison is hard, but technically its potential is just amazing. Now, programming for it.. eww, I'd hate to deal with that head ache. I hate the programming I have to do now at work!

why would i care which is faster? im not gona visit google on my 360, im not gona do a paper in my 360, and im not gona go to school and be like 0mgz dud3 my 360 is f@st3r th3n y0ur c0mput3r lik3 omg0zzz 0wn3d...

If you don't care then don't post on this topic... it's as simple as that. It's bad manners to go on threads and criticize why the thread was started or the concept behind it.

ah, I see why now. He's 15 and is a genius. I bow to your great wisdom and how you generously share it to those less worthy. I am but a lowly system engineer, with only years and years of experience in this worthless 34 year old body, show me thine 15 year old wisdom and hold not ye back from the massess! Lo and behold! Colby comes from the sky, the truth and flames of wisdom lick from his mouth. Who are we, the destitute, to question such atrocities of thine making? Hath not ye created from nothing the coldness and despair, hath not ye shown us the way and the feel of lonliness and utter desolation? Bow down yon creatures of ineptitude for tho he is nothing more an invalid, the great and righteous Colby hath spoken. Let not your worried minds be troubled, for the great waste of sperm has all answers you seek... also frakensence and mier....

j/k

seriously though, the arguement is NOT that you can do other things with a PC. Yes, that IS true. We are not talking the media but the power. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom