Question about purchasing an Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
I know its super super late to be asking this question, but im finally looking to buy an Xbox 360.

i hear the "premium" is the way to go, since it has the harddrive, and the core is just crap... but i cant find either on gamestop.com :D

so im wondering, with a budget of around $350, what kind of xbox should i get? on gamestop.com they have:

Xbox 360 with Wired Controller (Gamestop Refurbished) - $189.99
Xbox 360 Pro 60GB - $349.99
Xbox 360 Pro - $299.99
Xbox 360 with Wireless Controller (Gamestop Refurbished - $199.99
Xbox 360 Pro (Microsoft Refurbished) - $279.99

Which one would you guys reccomend getting? some people say refurbished ones are more prone to the RROD, but isnt that sort of gotten rid of?

Ideally id like an xbox that comes with a controller and still have a bit of money left over to buy some games, but thats not neccesary, id much rather get an xbox that wont crash all the time :D

Thanks for your input,

Phate

If the Xbox360 Pro for 299 has a hard drive and a wireless controller I'd pick that one.
But if you feel like you need the extra 40 gigs of hard drive space get that one.
Make your decision... but stay away from refurbished.

Ok... System Orientation: Stands vertically or horizontally
* Contains:
- Microsoft XBOX 360 console
- 20 GB Hard drive
- wireless controller
- HD AV cable
- ethernet network cable
- wired XBOX Live headset
- white faceplate
- XBOX Live Silver service

that seems to indicate it has a 20gb hard drive and a wireless controller, and a live headset...

is that all i need? do you think ill need 20gb or 60gb?

i honestly dont know much about owning an xbox, i just play my friends :D

Personally, when I had my 20 gig 360 I was perfectly happy with the size. I'd probably just go for that if I were you. Worst case scenario, you can always just buy a bigger one later on ... but I don't think it should be a problem.

Personally, when I had my 20 gig 360 I was perfectly happy with the size. I'd probably just go for that if I were you. Worst case scenario, you can always just buy a bigger one later on ... but I don't think it should be a problem.

yeah true man iv had my 20 gig one since it came out and i havnt event filled it up but yeah he can allways get a bigger one if he needs to i think there is a 120GIG hard drive out which is what 120AUS new

Same, the only reason you would need more than 20 gigs would be if you like downloading game demos which are usually huge and never deleting them.

The "Core" console is now called "Arcade"
The "Premium" console is now called "Pro"
Then theres the "Elite"

Xbox 360 Arcade includes:

256MB Memory Unit
Wireless Controller
5 Free Live Arcade Games
Standard AV Out
1 Month free Xbox Live Gold

Xbox 360 Pro Includes:

20GB hard drive
Wireless Controller
Component HD AV Cable
Wired xbox live Headset
Networking Cable

Xbox 360 Elite (black) includes:

120GB Hard drive
HDMI cable
black wireless controller
black Xbox Live headset
Component HD AV Cable

When you buy one, stick to a new one, doesnt matter what type it is as they are all the same under the casing, will play all the same games, will run the same etc. Differences are obviously the things they come with.

Newer consoles will be more reliable than the older ones as they have been improved to protect against the problems that the 360s had during the first year and a half or so they were out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom