Question about consoles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
ok, so I am wanting to buy a console but, i am not sure which to buy.
I want an xbox 360 so I can play Halo, but I also want a ps3 for the blu-ray capabilities. My question is.. What FPS games are exclusive to xbox 360 that are worth playing vs a ps3 ?

also, pros or cons of the ps3 vs xbox are cool too.

well with xbox 360 you've got obvisolly halo 1 2 & 3 gears of war 2 thats all i can think of now im too tired. cons of the xbox 360 is if you want to go online you've gotta pay for it. pros you do get alot more stuff to do with xbox live. thats all for now

For FPS you get resistance 1/2 and Killzone 2 with the PS3, plus arguably more variety when it comes to true exclusive games (a lot of 360 'exclusives' are on PC or eventually go to PC). You also get a better built machine.

with the 360 you get better online play for less the $5 a month, better shooters, a good family console and with the new xbox experience you get netflix.

With the PS3 you get fine online play for less than $0 a month, more variety in games -- you don't just get shooters --, and you get sony's video service.

360 lets you buy and download movies at anytime in HD, if HDD fails you can redownload items bought previously. Better online play, and currently a cost of a cheap bluray player plus the cheapest 360 is less than the PS3, well with black friday, Bluray players are going for ~$80 at wally world here.

Actually, you get PSN for $0, not less than $0 :p

Although, from my experience with both services, Xbox Live is much more reliable with less lag. The Netflix service is basically $9 a month for unlimited HD or SD streaming movies, tv shows, etc., so it is a much better value than the PSN video service.

Also, as far as games, its a matter of opinion, but considering the 360 has many more games (more rpg's and other genre games than PS3), you'd be better off with a 360 in every way. For $260 you get an arcade console, 20GB hard drive and a year of Xbox Live. That's still cheaper than the lowest PS3 model by $140. That's almost 2 more games and an extra controller! Also, the 360 supports 1080p right out of the box with the HD Component cables. The PS3 will require an HDMI cable for HD, which adds on another $20+ if you buy the cable at a retail location.

Games to get on the 360: Gears of War 1/2, Halo 1/2/3, Fable 1/2, Dead Space (multi-plat), Fallout 3 (multi-plat but the PS3 version has major bugs), CoD 4/World at War (multi-plat but more reliable and fun experience on 360), Mass Effect, BioShock (multi-plat), great arcade titles like Braid and Castle Crashers, Half Life 2 Orange Box (mutli-plat), Viva Pinata, Command and Conquer 3 (multi-plat), Overlord (multi-plat), Crackdown, The Darkness, Assassins Creed (multi-plat), Rockband or Guitar Hero (multi-plat), any sports game you could want (multi-plat but usually run better on 360), and many many others coming in the next year.... just to name a few :p

Does an Xbox 360 upconvert dvds?
Yes, but only to 480p. Still, if you want a good upconverting DVD player, go to Wall-Mart and buy one. The PS3 does upconvert DVD's very well, but not the as well as some stand alone upconverting DVD players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom