ps3 slowing down 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
im sure everyone is now aware of the gta4 pushback until 2008. rumor has it its the ps3's fault as it is harder to develop for. There was a debate about it on attack of the show, on the loop and it seems all titles being released for xbox360 and ps3 are being delayed, but xbox 360 eclusives arent receiving any delays, and finaly most of the ps3 exclusives are being delayed. is anyone else as mad as me about these delays due to the ps3.

Well it is unfortunate about the delay, to blame it on the PS3 is kind of narrow-minded, there are a lot of problems that come up during development and the time before release.

But it wouldn't surprise me that the complexity of the PS3 cpu caused this as it's hard enough to write multi-threaded focused applications as it is, the cell only makes it worse.

I wouldn't call that narrow-minded. We're on a completely different system why should we suffer from someone else's system.

IDK, I have heard other rumors that the delay was caused by them having a hard time getting it to fit on a standard DVD, so who knows what actually caused the delay.

The good thing for 360 owners is that there will be plenty of other games to play while waiting for the GTA4 release :)

IDK, I have heard other rumors that the delay was caused by them having a hard time getting it to fit on a standard DVD, so who knows what actually caused the delay.

The good thing for 360 owners is that there will be plenty of other games to play while waiting for the GTA4 release :)

that wasnt much of an issue from what ive herd. what i had herd is that because of teh dvd the game could be as large as originally planed. what i herd the issue for teh delay was that they are having problems programing the cel to manage civilians, thats why in the demo's weve seen quite a bit of polish but no citizens.

and yes 360 still has a great holiday line up but what i had herd is that the delay has hurt 2k shares, they mentioned on attack of the show how after the delay there stock value had quite a decrease, and i dont think its fare that a console like the ps3 should be hurting a company such as 2k/rockstar that has developed such great games for it in the past.

wow, first things. AMD GT Player, I am so proud of you. I can actually read your posts now you use punctuation and paragraphs. Thank god, lol

2. If something is coming out multiplatform it will always take longer to make ="( Cause each platform works completely differently they need to find a way to make it work on everything, so development takes much longer. If this was just on PS3 originally and 360 came in and stole the show, then xbox would be slowing down the PS3 development too. And yeah, cause of the xbox not having blu ray the devs were complaining about it not having as much space as they wanted... oh well, lol

im sure everyone is now aware of the gta4 pushback until 2008. rumor has it its the ps3's fault as it is harder to develop for. There was a debate about it on attack of the show, on the loop and it seems all titles being released for xbox360 and ps3 are being delayed, but xbox 360 eclusives arent receiving any delays, and finaly most of the ps3 exclusives are being delayed. is anyone else as mad as me about these delays due to the ps3.

PHUCK Attack of the show and G4Tv that channel suxz0rzomgitdoessuxz0rz

anyways how can u be sow shallow and just say its the ps3 HOLDING IT BACK? The devs already said they are unhappy with it being on both consoles because the 360 IS HOLDING THEM BACK. If you want to complain about something that is on your system then what do you think ps3 owners feel like? They feel like they are getting the shaft because the 360 is holding back a lot of Dev's potential ideas they hae for the ps3 if they go multiplat. Don't complain about everything if you do,y not complain about when there is a port/multiplatform game the lesser console always holds back the other consoles? MAN I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP SAYING THE PS3 IS HOLDING PPL BACK ITS THE 360 HOLDING THE DEVS IDEAS BACK

man if you think saying another someone is "so shallow" for saying the PS3 is slowing down a system etc. you need a reality check. its a piece of EQUIPMENT, this isn't anyone making fun of someone because they have a problem....man o man, talk about being over sensitive the end.

p.s. your a butthead (oops to shallow)

TheEnd... I've already pointed out the fallacy of your argument on a couple of different occasions so I wont bother this time, but only to say that is utter garbage. The 360 is NOT holding them back, nor is the PS3 holding back the 360. They could easily release the game on 360 then the PS3 at a later date if they wanted. this is a developer decision. Now, if they have a agreement with Sony to release as a timed exclusive for Sony, then yes... Sony IS holding them back. I've notice you taking the words of one developer as the holy bible when the majority go against everything you say, TheEnd... you need something better to argue with, the same disproven and tired words get old. I think I'm just going to make a quick text of all the links out there that show or correct your statements so I don't have to type up replies, would be much easier.

TheEnd... I've already pointed out the fallacy of your argument on a couple of different occasions so I wont bother this time, but only to say that is utter garbage. The 360 is NOT holding them back, nor is the PS3 holding back the 360. They could easily release the game on 360 then the PS3 at a later date if they wanted. this is a developer decision. Now, if they have a agreement with Sony to release as a timed exclusive for Sony, then yes... Sony IS holding them back. I've notice you taking the words of one developer as the holy bible when the majority go against everything you say, TheEnd... you need something better to argue with, the same disproven and tired words get old. I think I'm just going to make a quick text of all the links out there that show or correct your statements so I don't have to type up replies, would be much easier.

put em in ur sig killians then id read them everytime i come across one of your posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom