Problems connecting my Xbox 360 capture card to my Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msujoe5

Beta member
So, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here I go-

My past gaming setup has been my xbox hooked via HDMI cable to a compatible Dell monitor with HDMI input, then running a male-male audio cable from the monitor's "audio out" to my speaker's "aux." This has worked quite well, but recently I bought an Avermedia game capture box; how it operates is the xbox's component cables + audio cables are plugged into one section, it records the video+audio, and there are separate outgoing jacks for component and audio cables to hook up to a television. Originally I bought this recorder because, one, it was slightly cheaper, and two, I thought I could get around the connection problem; alas, I was ahead of myself. The audio has been no problem: I bought a Female L+R audio to Male 3.5 adapter and have been able to plug it into the "aux" on my speakers. The real problem lies in the visual, so far I've bought an Female component to male DVI adapter, which didn't work (that was just a stupid mistake; my input on the monitor was a DVI-I, the adapter wasn't.) I then tried a male component to male HDMI adapter to plug directly into the recorder, which also didn't work. In my ignorance I may have overlooked something completely, but I'm starting to assume that my monitor cannot display whatever type of video my recorder is sending out (or I may suck at choosing adapters.) So the question is, any guesses as to why this isn't working? Any suggestions to fix? Any advice will help. Please remember I'm a nube on this website, so please be gentle :) Thanks for the Help!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dk4weLnkEPCo%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&feature=player_embedded&v=k4weLnkEPCo&gl=US

That isn't the specific recorder you have but it could help. Searching through a few things it seems people have successfully hooked this through HDMI to a monitor. Maybe check in your monitors manual see if it mentions anything.

So, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here I go-My past gaming setup has been my xbox hooked via HDMI cable to a compatible Dell monitor with HDMI input, then running a male-male audio cable from the monitor's "audio out" to my speaker's "aux." This has worked quite well, but recently I bought an Avermedia game capture box; how it operates is the xbox's component cables + audio cables are plugged into one section, it records the video+audio, and there are separate outgoing jacks for component and audio cables to hook up to a television. Originally I bought this recorder because, one, it was slightly cheaper, and two, I thought I could get around the connection problem; alas, I was ahead of myself. The audio has been no problem: I bought a Female L+R audio to Male 3.5 adapter and have been able to plug it into the "aux" on my speakers. The real problem lies in the visual, so far I've bought an Female component to male DVI adapter, which didn't work (that was just a stupid mistake; my input on the monitor was a DVI-I, the adapter wasn't.) I then tried a male component to male HDMI adapter to plug directly into the recorder, which also didn't work. In my ignorance I may have overlooked something completely, but I'm starting to assume that my monitor cannot display whatever type of video my recorder is sending out (or I may suck at choosing adapters.) So the question is, any guesses as to why this isn't working? Any suggestions to fix? Any advice will help. Please remember I'm a nube on this website, so please be gentle :) Thanks for the Help!
your problem;
component is an analogue signal, DVI/HDMI are both digital signals.
a simple adapter simply will not work.

Amazon.com: Component video (YPbPr) / VGA To HDMI Converter With Auto Up-scale: Electronics

problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom