Problem with xbox 360 component to vga

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
I have an xbox 360 and i want to hook it up to my 24" monitor. But my av cable only has component out. So i went on ebay and bought this.15 PIN VGA/HD15/RGB to 3 RCA COMPONENT TV/HDTV CABLE - eBay (item 320292609012 end time Sep-04-08 21:43:15 PDT)
I can hook the 360 up to my monitor but there is way to much green and barely any red or blue. But there is still some red and blue. I tested the cable and the cable is working fine. But i suspect that it is the lack of shielding on these cables that are causing the problem. What do you AV/Home theater experts out there suggest.

Your issue is that PC-monitor VGA and TV VGA are different. That cable is designed for projectors and TV's that accept component via a VGA plug. The PC VGA is a different type of signal, monitors can't accept component signals.

What I suggest is that you probably wasted money on that component-to-VGA cable. Instead, just buy the XBOX 360 VGA cable, which goes straight from 360 to monitor in crisp, clear, colorful VGA. If you don't want to spend much, buy a 3rd party one on eBay, I got one that's just as good as Microsoft's $40 cable for $2.50+shipping ($10). The Xbox 360 can natively output PC VGA signals through a special cable, so I recommend getting the cable for the best picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom