Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

purudeman216

Beta member
ok i am going to get xbox live tommorow but i have one problem.
the tv that i have to use for xbox is upstairs and my computer is downstairs. so i cannot plug the ethernet cord in. i was wondering if there was any way/ cable? to get the ethernet cord from the xbox to plug into and phone jack.
or if there are any other things i can do.
please help. thanks

Get a VGA adapter (and KVM switch if you don't like unplugging/plugging in between computer and Xbox all the time), use the XBOX on your computer monitor? It'd be close to your Ethernet connection then...

Its always easy if you have a router to your computer. Just get wireless live. It works great. Know the Router is like 10 feet away from the router.

ok i just set up a long cable and am going to put it away after every time i use xbox live (for now). but now i have a problem connecting.
i bet this has already been posted before but i cannot figure it out.
i was stuck on one thing but i fixed it by entering my ip address manually and also the sub-net (or whatever) address i also entered my DNS server address
xbox live gets stopped after these steps:
1)cables connected
2) IP address found or something
then it gets stuck at -- DNS server not connected or something. i think that i went and found out if the address' were the same from my service provider and in the settings. they are.
online support also told me to set it to automatic but the same problem comes up.
any help. thanks

If you have a flash stick you can save the settings from ur computer on to it and the just plug it into the computer and in the network settings you can make it use the settings from flash drive.

ok i think i understand that i will be home in 4 or 5 days so i will try it out..oh and when i bought my live subscription at eb games i noticed it was for xbox 360, will it still work for regular xbox.
i called them and a guy said it should work but i should jsut try it and if it doesnt return it for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom