Plese Help: Xbox 360 Arcade Edt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Hey guys, thinking about buying an Xbox 360 next week and I found one for $265 new. It is the "XBOX 360 ARCADE EDITION". What is the difference between this and other 360's?? It can still run all 360 games can't it?
Tell me about the hard drive. How necessary is it? What is it used for? The arcade edition doesn't have one so I am wondering how necessary it really is. Can you buy an external one for it?

You can buy a HDD to slot in the top (easy fitting dont worry just slides on top).

The Arcade version is effectively the old Core system, which is an xbox 360 without the HDD. This means you need to buy another HDD from ebay or somesuch, or use a memory card that plug in the front.

Equally the arcade version comes with a few games from XBL arcade. And I think, but am not sure, that you need a HDD to be able to download more arcade games and you definantly need one to download demos/movies/addons from XBL.

So would it be worth it to just buy the $265 arcade system and then just buy a hard drive for it and plug it into the top? Does it have to be a special one? or any external usb drive?

Ya, that is the BS from microsoft. it requires a special hard drive. But I think you can pick them up pretty cheap on Ebay. Just take a look.

the arcade version, I THINK, has an xtra 256 of memory in it for said arcade games. Now, Idon't know if it can install extra'/more games or not but it also comes with a wireless controller, again I think, when the old core system did not.

PS3 can use any 2.5" sata laptop HD so here is a
120GB $69.99
Newegg.com - TOSHIBA MK1246GSX 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive

250GB $169.99
Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio WD2500BEVS 250GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Notebook Hard Drive

i have a 500GB in mine, so i say Sony is better on the HD side of things since you dont have to overpay for M$ liscened proprietary junk, but doesnt the arcade come with a 20GB? 120GB for less than the price of the M$ 20GB???? talk about a ripoff, btw im not trying to start another flame war

If you're going to do user-changable HDs, though, sony should have went with 3.5"...soooo much cheaper.

But $265 is a rip off.

11.01.header2.gif

If you have a microcenter near you, that seems like a good deal. I just got email from them about it.

id rather have a 2.5" HD than proprietary M$ HD., you can alo use 1TB 3.5" HD's on the ps3 using a esata cable adapter, also USB HD's work on it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom