Please Help! Xbox disconnects when I start a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geomerge

Solid State Member
I messed around with my settings in my router's configuration page, particularly, the Virtual Servers and DMZ (all under firewall), attempting to open my NAT type. It worked. The Xbox connects to Live instantly. All I really did is enable DMZ for my Xbox's IP, and opened a few ports that the Xbox website told me to. (See here.)

The only problem now... Every time I put in a disk and start up the game, the Xbox connection dies and it will not connect while I'm in the game. When I go to the "Test Connection" screen, it tells me I'm now connected. So whenever I go to the dashboard whatsoever, I connect again, but if I'm in a game, I'm not connected.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Also, is there anything else I should set in my router configuration page?
I see ICMP Ping is blocked, is that okay?

Also, for my Xbox, as for the IP Address I enter in the Network Configuration section, should the IP be different from my router's configuration and my computer's? (The IP I get from IPConfig in the CMD.) Or should I change the last digit? (I saw something that said you can do that?) But then also shouldn't I change the ports in the router configuration area to the same last digit?

I might have just got it to work... But on the other note, any help on improving my connection?
And does anyone know what might have caused that...?

I played with 3 different routers before I finally got mine perfect. I also had to bridge my modem. If nothing else works just reset the router and try it again. Try just a few steps at a time. I found that when I opened a few ports and also did something else(forget what it was atm) it had the opposite effect for me..

Keep looking at youtube vids if they have your router.

I ended up buying
Newegg.com - D-Link DGL-4500 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz Simultaneous Dual Band Xtreme N Gigabit Gaming Router up to 300Mbps/ USB x1

It made setting my my 360 and my pc sooo much easier. The only thing I had to do was bridge my modem because the router and modem where having issues with each other.

Any particular tutorials on the whole "bridge" thing? I'll look some up but I never get the good results. but thanks for the advice, it started acing up again today... >:C

Depends on what type of modem and router you have. For my modem I had to call my provider because their were not any online. For the router just search what ever type of router you have and then you should be off and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom