Playing Xbox with HDMI 1080p on my all in one computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgiek

Beta member
Hey guys i have a Sony Vaio all in one computer. i want to play xbox 360 on 1080p on the 22 inch screen and i know i need a usb to hdmi adapter but how would i switch the channels on here to play on xbox like on a tv remote you would just press input but theres no input on a computer. please help!!!!:very_angry:

I don't know if they make a HDMI to USB converter.

I'd recommend looking into getting an HD TV Tuner. Most TV Tuners only go up to 1080i, but the max resolution consoles play in is 720p (1080p for consoles is up-scaled 720p). Most of the USB tuners are analog, not digital so that means no HDMI.

Hauppauge Computer Works - TV for your PC! -- Hauppage makes some pretty good TV Tuners, I've had good luck with them.

This helps but i feel like theres a cheaper way. if anyone can think of something else thatd be sweeet. but thanks a lot :D

easiest way is a tuner. as 35g said you can't do hdmi to usb through a simple adapter because it's digital to analog. the other problem is that you have no expansion capabilities in the computer so you'll need a stand alone unit which are more expensive and less effective than a card.

easiest way is a tuner. as 35g said you can't do hdmi to usb through a simple adapter because it's digital to analog. the other problem is that you have no expansion capabilities in the computer so you'll need a stand alone unit which are more expensive and less effective than a card.
That would be digital the whole way through if it was HDMI-USB, though as far as I know they don't exist. With current tech pretty much the only cost effective option is to purchase a tuner/capture card or USB adapter and foresake the HD signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom