playing xbox 360 on monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
ok, i have myself an xbox 360 connected to my TV and i enjoy playing it etc. and a good few of my friends also have them. we quite like to LAN them up from time to time but it is a pain when we also have to lug TV's round to each others houses. i was just wondering if there was any way to connect the Xbox 360 to a PC monitor? i have non-HD 19" flatscreen that is realatively new... has both the kinds of input (RGB and DVI) i did see a cable titled "HDMI to DVI-D Male Lead" but i dont know if it would work and its like £20... which i would pay if i knew it would work :p but a bit much for a cable il never use. cheers

erm, i think it is the hdmi 360... its a premium that was bought new from a shop just before christmas... if i rememebr right they started putting the hdmi into new premiums as well as the elite.

does this xbox vga cable just plug into the rgb port on my monitor? also, my monitor doesnt have built in speakers so i would still need to plug sound into my sterio... is there cable that connects the yellow(video) part of the scart to a monitor input, leaving the white and red (audio) parts free to plug into my sterio?

cheers :)

I just use the xbox VGA cable for mine, and my speakers came with an attachment so that i can turn L/R AV cables (red and white) into a single headphones plug, where i put in my computer speakers.

i'm glad it is VGA not HDMI, my monitor only has one hdmi port and my computer is using that one, so with both plugged in I can just press a button on the side to switch between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom