In Pictures: My upgrade to Hybrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be worth it to put washers on every RAM chip? some wouldn't be touching the heat sink but the washer should help get the heat off of it.

Can you buy the xbox x-clamps online somewhere? I did the original x-clamp mod to my friends 360 and he threw away the x-clamps so he cant to the hybrid fix to it.

EDIT: NVM about the x-clamps... there's always ebay

Calc, have you considered higher CFM fans? Or wiring them to stay at 12v the entire time? Or trying to find the upgraded GPU heatsink???

I have not considered higher CFM fans simply due to the fact that the stock fans are good enough. I did the 12V fan mod when I first got the box and it kept it freezing cold (literally blew cold air even while running games) but it was still locking up and RRoD'ing and stuff. I couldn't stand the noise so I wired it back normally. I have adjusted the X-clamp (and now hybrid X-clamp) replacement and have had way more success with that than the fans ever did.

I also don't want aftermarket fans...I'm trying to fix this console with cheap stuff like screws and washers, don't really want to replace the fan.

Update:

After two solid weeks of playing, it's still working perfectly. This is longer than the regular X-clamp fix usually lasted (a week or so of solid playing). I'll keep playing my old console to prove all the disbelievers wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom