Opinion: Worst Online Multiplayer Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
My vote goes for Gears of War 2!

Add in your opinion for the worst online 360 game, and your reasons why!

Gears of War 2; because, it is run and shotgun, or run and chainsaw, and whoever wins the duel, it rarely makes sense. It's absolute garbage, and the average player base is uneducated simpletons with a love for f-bombs and retard-slang.

Yeah, I play Halo 3 a lot and I hate the stupid 12 year olds who talk trash the whole round. I like having a mute button. However, I have had a few games where we had good teammates who actually talked and said more than lame insults and swear words for the entire round.

Playing a console online shooter is your first failure, lol. Seriously though the only shooter I have ever even owned for my 360 was Halo 3 and while the experience was not bad, I just disliked how slow the game reacted even at ax sensitivity. The player base was always very hit or miss but I tended to play mostly with friends anyway.

PC shooters are OK but you need a good PC and players tend to be super insanely good on PC shooters. Consoles everyone has the same equipment and I think it levels the playing field (if you play a PC shooter on a plain old keyboard and mouse and the opponent snipes using a super high resolution gaming mouse, you are at a disadvantage). Also Halo 3 is fun to play locally (on one TV or System Link) with a lot of people.

Gears 2 annoys me quite a bit as well. They are actually releasing a major update soon (if not already) that enables the use of bots when people drop out, autobalancing, and adds a new ranking system rather than the small 4 ranks there were before. Hopefully that levels the playing field and matches are a bit more fair.

They really need to rethink and revamp the online play for the third installment of Gears.

I think the game has more to do with the age and trash talking more so then just because it's Xbox LIVE. I play NHL 09 and there is a game mode called "OTP or Online Team Play" where it's 6 vs 6. It could be 12 different people from 12 different places all playing together. You don't hear a lot of talking there and when you do it's people calling for passes or trying to help. Mostly older guys playing too, not kids.

If I put in Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty then sure there is trash talking. Just like there is on PS3 or PC.

Any way back to topic. I'd say the worst shooter I have played would have to be Brothers in Arms

controls seems sluggish and it was just your average old war story shooter game. Call of Duty has that mastered so unless you can beat that don't even go back to old war games...

I think the game has more to do with the age and trash talking more so then just because it's Xbox LIVE. I play NHL 09 and there is a game mode called "OTP or Online Team Play" where it's 6 vs 6. It could be 12 different people from 12 different places all playing together. You don't hear a lot of talking there and when you do it's people calling for passes or trying to help. Mostly older guys playing too, not kids.

I disagree. I too have been dedicating a lot of my time to NHL 09s OTP mode, and no, there isn't much trash talk, but there is a disgraceful number of cheating. All of the highly ranked teams have used glitches to give them perfect stats, and only used glitch shots or moves against AI players that score goals 100 percent of the time. When these glitches were fixed in the patch, new exploits were found, and it's just about impossible to have a true game of hockey played. I've never successfully played an online game with a high amount of mature players. There's always immature cheaters and trash talkers, and there's unfortunately no way around it.

I have a great mouse and good setup for online shooter games; however, as stated, a console levels the playing field. Gears of War 2 might as well be called, "shotgun-fest and chainsaw wars!". It was meant to be a tactical shooter, and it plays more like a fighting game. Also, if you don't have a team that works together (and you almost never will), you'll just get picked off the entire time by a team that does work well together. I retired from Gears 2 online after five days of playing. I did manage to win most of the, "shotgun wars", but it definitely didn't change my opinion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom