One Million Xbox Live Players Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if car manufactures started to make it illegal to modify your car so you couldn't put on after-market parts? .

I take it you have never bought a brand new car before, or even one with a warranty? Once you modify something that has been expressly stated not to be modded, the warranty is void. Much like what Microsoft is doing. Since something has been modded that was expressly written, not to be modded, you have broke their terms, and are no longer to use their services. If you modify a new car, by putting a new stereo in, and that breaks their terms of the supplied warranty, you are no longer able to use their product.

If you want to modify games, look for alternative ways to play online, so you can give a fair game to everyone. Xlink Kai is an alternative you can use to play online games through your Xbox 360.

You wouldn't want me to put my Blown SBC 350 street truck against your 1 liter Suzuki 3 cylinder in your Geo Metro now would you?

You can fix up an rrod 360 for like $20? If I can figure out how to do this, I might just do it. RRod 360's can't cost that much. I still don't know if I'll get live, but I can at least borrow fable 2 from my bro and play that.

You can fix up an rrod 360 for like $20? If I can figure out how to do this, I might just do it. RRod 360's can't cost that much. I still don't know if I'll get live, but I can at least borrow fable 2 from my bro and play that.

they seem to be going for like $40-60 on fleabay...no hard drive or accessories I'm assumsing. So after the repair cost, harddrive, and control I'd say you'd still be under the cost of a new arcade ($200) which doesn't even come with a hard drive...

EDIT: after looking they come with absolutely nothing usually ( just the console itself)....so after the cost of all the cables , controller, harddrive you probably would be better off getting an arcade and a harddrive. ( Of course unless I'm over estimating the cost of those accessories or if you can snag one for like $20-40 that comes with most of it :\)

Yup. and I am 100% Glad they are banned. Microsoft has done A LOT to help gamers with the RROD problem (the number 1 reason to mod the box) and keep everyone legal, the number 2 reason is Theft, piracy, the number 3 - Control modding to give you that bit of edge over "normal" players.

Although the Nomad style modded controller is permitted and all - the mods I refer to are the "burst controller" and "rapid fire mod" - if your going to cheat, you will be caught and treated like a cheater, and modding your controller to give you the "perfect 3 shot burst fire" IS CHEATING.

Another rumor was the Fan Speeds being detected and banning live accounts for having "abnormally high fan speeds" since you would be required to go in- void warrenty- and modify the fan. - and since you were inside - who says you didn't do more to it?

Fact is fan speeds won't help the RROD problem - people "think" they will but the real RROD isn't "overheating" it's warping due to heating and cooling of the parts - something Microsoft overlooked in R&D. While "better vents" may HELP the problem - they won't cure it, especially if a box has already RROD before.

Just my input on this, since probably 90% of the bans were Legit -whiney kids that couldn't cut it in Halo or Modern Warefare and had to mod to get an advantage, or used pirated disc "backups". Good riddence. I have heard 0 reports about anyone "unlawfully banned" from this mass banning - one came close but he admitted to modding his controller- thinking it was "alright"]

And I used to fix 360s off ebay that RROD, typically they were $60 for console -sometimes you'd get a cool deal and snag a 20GB HDD or a Controller for free, or Audio/Vid cable and/or Power Brick - which made it a steal. Problem is broken 360s have a wide range of problems - RROD is basic description - if it's E74 your better off just getting an arcade then buying a Harddrive off Ebay for like $1 per GB. (roughly what they go for,unless collectors/special edition) honestly unless you use your Xbox as a media center (play your MP3s, watch movies, etc) the only thing you will really use a HDD for is Downloaded Content - if you are hardcore into 3 games you don't need a 120GB harddrive - since once you buy the DLC it's yours forever to download however many times you need, you can delete it from the drive and get another game's DLC on there while you play it. I make due with a 60GB but honestly I can drop down to a 20GB and not suffer at all.

Controllers are about $30 per (wireless) and some come brand new in package with batteries. $20 for a play and charge kit (cord and battery) very handy to save batts.

If your interested in buying a 360 - Get the new Arcade - newegg has em for 199.99 with free shipping. comes with wireless controller/a wired headset/ all the cables etc and the NEW chipset that is much better for combating the RROD. Plus an increased internal storage to like 512mb or something for your profiles and small things like save files.

and putting your game onto your harddrive has limited performance increases - and does NOT mean you can play without the disc in the drive, so its rather pointless. I notice no change in load times or action during Halo3 and other games with the game installed to my HDD vs just played off disc.

And if you have a USB thumb drive you can set it up (more then likely it's compatible) to hold your MP3's and small movies and plug it directly into the Xbox and they play just fine - so Harddrives on the 360 are overrated - unless you use the netflix download movie options on your xbox a lot and watch all the movies on it.

Yeah if your playing games you don't really need all that big of an HDD.

If your playing a game online installing to the HDD is almost useless because the only thing you get out of it is a quieter xbox. It does load noticeably faster but if your playing online you have to wait for everyone to load before you can play anyways. But installing to your HDD would help with loading times in Fable 2, Oblivion, games that you mostly play offline.

I have a friend who mods Xboxes.. he's done about fifteen of them and stupidly backs them with a warranty that if they ever get banned from XBL, he would pay that person back in full for a brand new Xbox and the money back for the pirated games! :lol:

And I have to say.. Keyboard Cowboy, I love your avatar.

Another rumor was the Fan Speeds being detected and banning live accounts for having "abnormally high fan speeds" since you would be required to go in- void warrenty- and modify the fan. - and since you were inside - who says you didn't do more to it?

I highly doubt that actually happened. Must be only a rumor.

Back in 2003-2004 time frame I was ranked in the top 100 for madden for both years including top 10 for a while. I knew how to cheat but I did not cheat unless someone else did. And to be honest. Almost everyone that I played under the rank or 100 cheated. Very few only did it when they had to like myself.

It really took away from the integrity of the game. It became so bad that I would only play unranked players with over 100 games pretty much. I'm really glad that X-box 360 went ahead and did this. In fact it's outstanding. I might end up playing online madden again afterall!!!

Does anyone know if they are going to release a list of individuals that are in this list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom