NXE 1920X1200 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
I had a question about my sony monitor, its a 24 inch sony premier pro and it supports (believe native) 1920x1200. Before the NXE I always had to mess around with the display options or the console would letterbox it and that annoyed me to no ends. Now my 360 got RROD and has been out since NXE and im getting it back in a day or two and i was just wondering if theirs support for this res now with the new update? if not whats the res for me to set my monitor too without letterboxing

no u will not get letterboxing i presume, only if u support like 1920x1080 n then downscale on a monitor that doesnt support it. It will however scale to 1920x1200 n will look a bit blurry if u can catch it from looking up n down the screen with trained eyes :p; (Width x Height).

Xbox 360 now supports 1680x1050 and 1440x900. No 1920x1200 sry.

what res would you recomend?

720p on HDTVs, monitors, highest as u can because the Xbox 360 has a better scaler chip then the PS3 does.

All Xbox 360 and PS3 games are not 1080p native, only 720p or lower and is upscaled to 720p and higher. If u want the best picture possible, i recommend 720p. Usually i can tell but my eyes are not trained enough n i cant really count pixel for pixel. Try switching from 1080p to 720p manually through the Xbox 360 display settings when playing any game, like Halo 3 for example. That game was proven to be 640p because of a guy named Quaz51 on beyond 3d forums. Here is a list of most PS3 and Xbox 360 titles of proven native resolutions of the games (remember, count on any HDTV pixel by pixel):

List of Game Rendering Resolutions + some info on the hardware scaling - Beyond3D Forum

like Haze, which is 1024x576, play that at 1080p n then back at 720p, u will notice a huge difference. 1080p is worse for that game.

here is what u have to take note. Playing a game at just 720p should be like putting a picture on that HDTV at that exact resolution it will be smaller with black bars going all the way around, the aspect ratio, right? Well that true for pictures if u put it in a PS3 or Xbox 360, set it to original size then boom that is the true native, pixel for pixel, resolution. Now for games, it does the same, but instead it streches it across the screen to cover the whole HDTV which can look horrible (take PS2 and Wii n do that). Upscaling, or upconverting, just basically cuts that idea and instead recreates that picture of any game in pixel lines to try to make it look better, depending on the quality of the scaler chip (Xbox 360 > PS3, tested it in videos as well). Here is an article from IGN comparing native 480p vs 480p upscaling on the PS3:

IGN: PlayStation 3 Upscaling Comparison

and btw, Xbox 360, from what i was told, upscales DVDs too, but idk about games though. Depends on ur judgement i about this, i just hate the idea of being told about games being playing in HD but it doesnt even hit or is even lower then the HD standard resolution in the market, 720p; all 720p HDTVs get upscaled to 1366x768 because that is the 1080i resolution i think.

1680x1050 definitely if the update supports it because its the same ratio as the res you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom