New Xbox Can't Give You a RRoD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one and haven't gotten the GROD yet.... I play for a lot of hours on end so we will see

What are your thoughts on it? If you had one of the older models, could you compare them? I'll be getting one of the new ones soon since my friend's dog ****ed on mine :angry: :big_smile:

Well the new xbox has been stress tested, and it is extremley difficult to get the GROD on it. I decided instead of getting the new I am getting a ps3 as my launch box is fine.

Probably pick one up when Kinect releases or mine dies on me.

the consoles actually shut down if they reach a high peak temperature. ive seen photos of this where people have put them in small cabinets or boxes, or even wrapped them in towels. no more rrod just a message saying tis over heating and shutting down.

Probably not - but it would be awesome if you could :)

You can OC PS3s, though, thanks to the Other OS option. Well, that's just a guess. But it seems reasonable.

You can OC a 360 if you have jtagged it and use a custom OS (popular in the modding community). You just can't ever take your 360 online again. And it's also illegal since jtagging supports playing of pirated games.

I don't beleive its illegal to J-Tag or put custom firmware on any electronics anymore. It can still void warranty but the gov. passed a law. Legal to jailbreak iphones and put custom firmware on anything.

Edit: I don't know if this applies to xbox's or not but the it should.

It does in a British accent, just a sharp 'grod' instead of yo' americans 'grahd' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom