New XBOX 360 Slim Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wholesale we payed like $75 per ps3 drive. And another thing brought up on another forum. The back ground of the 2nd picture is on an info screen and there aren't any controllers turned on.. ??

I would hardly say thats a little cube. Especially as you can not even see the top of the cube. And ofcourse i don't move my 360 or PS3 when its on normally, but sometimes i need to. The fact that it scratches them so easily to me just shows poor build quality. My PS3 has never had a problem when being moved, and it has never overheated, but then my xbox 360 elite doesn't overheat too - even though i have my PS3 ontop of it and have them both on for hours.

The fact is It shouldn't overheat at all, hardly anyone has them yet and pictures are already appearing on line.

Do not buy it.

Anyone see the destructoid video of the guy moving it and tearing the disk apart ? I know your not supposed to, but Sony and Nintendo managed it alright. My pc manages it fine too.

Not to mention the reports of overheating.

Say hello to the new RDOD. The red dot of death.
Xbox-360-Slim.jpg

Dashboard-Message.jpg

edit: Oh it seems i've joined the 4K Post club :D

Ouch... Atleast the unit can monitor the temps and actualy tell you it isn't properly vented... I think if they had a better heatsink design they would be ok, a heatpipe like design, all copper, and a slim drive could potentially increase the cooling efficiency drastically....

I stand corrected, sir. :cry:

Sounds bad but what are the temps normally, and what's the safe temp?

It's far too early to tell weather or not the Xbox 360 S has overheating problems. It's been one week since the console was announced. I've seen one picture of the "RDOD" floating around the internet. For all we know that could have been some PS3/Wii fanboy wrapping a 360 S in a towel and having it overheat just to make the new 360 look bad. So I would wait a couple of months before saying the Xbox 360 S has overheating issues.

There is only one picture and that is it. I believe it to be totally staged... Launch xbox didn't over heat on an INFO screen with out any controllers plugged in. I am still using my launch xbox and I have it on nearly 10+ hours a day. I must have worked on hundreds of YLOD PS3's. Failure rate isn't as high as xbox for overheating but xbox failure rate isn't as high for faulty drives. Stupid to move anything while its running! be it your desktop or xbox/dvd player.

I think this new Xbox 360 has got Wii/Sony fanboys scared. I mean the 360 has been the dominant console (at least where I am) even with a failure rate of 50%+. So if the failure rate of the 360 S is like 2% then where I am the PS3/Wii won't have a chance at all. This is because all the people around here that buy the PS3 only have it because it doesn't break as often as the 360 does. Although I have noticed that their are a lot of problems starting to pop up with older PS3's around here.

It is staged, for a reason, people wanted/needed to know how it handles overheating, the old unit would shut down if it actually got to an overheating stage and flash TWO red lights, not 3, and leaves the fans on to allow it to cool off, this unit has an actual warning come up, and turns a red dot on.

I think the box, in honesty, is partialy sealed, with a window, notice in the back there is a small white piece, possibly to allow cords in/out of the cabinent, and that is it, anything would over heat in a sealed unit because it keeps recycling hot air over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom